Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Vonz90

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/06/1 ... de-bomber/

We used to talk about the suicide bomber paradox in A-stan. The security stations that do a diligent job of checking for them are more likely to be blown up when they panic and realize they are found.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Happy Father's Day to those male members of the forum who have procreated.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Vonz90 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:34 pm Happy Father's Day to those male members of the forum who have procreated.
That explains the donuts this morning.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Seems like we are about to see another instance of Get Woke, Go Broke unfolding...

https://www.businessinsider.com/victori ... and-2021-6

Also, link is NSFW.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I think they chose that whiny man-looking soccer chick as their new "face" didn't they?

I couldn't find that Victoria's Secret is publicly traded, or I might have been mightily tempted to short it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

VF Corp, VFC ticker
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I have had a couple gift certificates for one of the local gun shops sitting in a drawer for over a year... First I was waiting for their usual spring re-stock (Muni of Anchorage has an inventory tax that is tallied every January, so they intentionally let their inventory get low), then Covid hit, and then riots/elections/etc hit. Went in there today, and they still didn't have much for inventory but they did have a few decent .22 bolt actions. Ended up leaving there with a CZ 457 Royal with the threaded barrel and Mannlicher stock. They also had the .457 round ball mold that I need for the Dragoon I bought from Felix a while back.

Since the CZ doesn't have iron sights, I still need to come up with a scope and rings for it, plus get one of the adapters for the O-ring mount on my Silencerco Sparrow.

blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

taking a break from San Dog, walking downtown Great Falls MT this evening.

Something's wrong, very wrong... Where's all the homeless? Why are the streets clean? Even the abandoned out of business old buildings downtown are tidy. It's not right... At least Butte is trying to keep grit in the downtown.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I'll just leave this here for HTRN...

https://hgrinc.com/productDetail/CNC/Us ... 210490002/

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:29 pm I'll just leave this here for HTRN...

https://hgrinc.com/productDetail/CNC/Us ... 210490002/
Yeah, there's a reason why it's 5k and not 4 times that. It's incredibly filthy, and when I see machines with the inside paint gon and coated in crap, I won't touch unless I can hear the spindles, ballscrews and motors. That can quickly turn into a money pit - a new spindle is relatively cheap at 3500ish, iirc(a rebuilt spindle for our long since gone vmx30, was 12 grand), but if there's something wrong, it ain't gonna be limited to one thing

Besides, I really want the HT version along with through the spindle coolant. 4 axis drive would be nice too.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt