Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
g-man

Re: Does not follow...

Post by g-man »

Cleared CIF for $0.00. BN says I need to clear S4 and S1 to complete their clearing papers, except that there’s no spot on the installation papers for them to sign, meaning I don’t really have to do anything with them. Going to get their signatures just to make the CO and XO happy, clear SFL-TAP, and call it a day.

Final-out is in two weeks, so I can just kick around the unit I’m interning with in the interim. Retirement ceremony is in 2-1/2 weeks, and THEN I can finally start growing out my beard.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:59 am
Greg wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:18 am Monday was a 21 hour workday, a new personal record. And I was back at work at 9am Tuesday.

It's been a pretty rough week.
Yeah... About 5 minutes ago;

Mrs. NPR: You're home early.

Me: No, I am actually home on time.

Mrs. NPR: It just seems strange.
I cursed myself here. Supposed to have a 4.5 hour gap between going home and when day shift shows up. I ended up overlapping with them by about an hour this morning. Got home in time to see the wife and kids for about 10 minutes before they hopped on an Uber to the airport to go see my inlaws. :x
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

g-man wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:59 am Cleared CIF for $0.00. BN says I need to clear S4 and S1 to complete their clearing papers, except that there’s no spot on the installation papers for them to sign, meaning I don’t really have to do anything with them. Going to get their signatures just to make the CO and XO happy, clear SFL-TAP, and call it a day.

Final-out is in two weeks, so I can just kick around the unit I’m interning with in the interim. Retirement ceremony is in 2-1/2 weeks, and THEN I can finally start growing out my beard.
2 1/2 weeks? Trees don't live that long! [/Korea Short timer response]

Seriously, Congratulations on your upcoming beard!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

g-man wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:59 am Cleared CIF for $0.00. BN says I need to clear S4 and S1 to complete their clearing papers, except that there’s no spot on the installation papers for them to sign, meaning I don’t really have to do anything with them. Going to get their signatures just to make the CO and XO happy, clear SFL-TAP, and call it a day.

Very cool
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-stand ... -the-moors

"Rise of the Moors" - I would guess Islamic, but so many of these weird groups are run but historically illiterate idiots that it could be anything.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:59 am
Greg wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:18 am Monday was a 21 hour workday, a new personal record. And I was back at work at 9am Tuesday.

It's been a pretty rough week.
Yeah... About 5 minutes ago;

Mrs. NPR: You're home early.

Me: No, I am actually home on time.

Mrs. NPR: It just seems strange.
I used to be the #2 guy on a 3 man team. Lead guy quit. Now I'm the lead guy of a 2 man team. 21 hour day just happened to be my first day as lead. My all-nighter helped us make a major customer deadline - new project went into production that night. Former lead knew exactly when to quit. :shock:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:56 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-stand ... -the-moors

"Rise of the Moors" - I would guess Islamic, but so many of these weird groups are run but historically illiterate idiots that it could be anything.
They're about Islamic as the the nation of Islam. Which means "not very"

I saw that too, and my first thought was "another black. American religious group is full of loons? Must be Tuesday".
Greg wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:06 am 21 hour day just happened to be my first day as lead. My all-nighter helped us make a major customer deadline
Now they'll expect you to work those kind of hours where they "need" it. Been there, done that, won't bend over backwards for management anymore
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

And they finally released the Ever Given from Egyptian custody after the owners paid the demanded brib, err "fine" for having the audacity of letting Egyptian canal pilots crash their boat.

Makes me wonder how much they squeezed out - the originally demanded nearly a billion, then lowered it to 550 mil. My guess is they got a 100 mil...
Last edited by HTRN on Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:25 am
Greg wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:06 am 21 hour day just happened to be my first day as lead. My all-nighter helped us make a major customer deadline
Now they'll expect you to work those kind of hours where they "need" it. Been there, done that, won't bend over backwards for management anymore
Amen.

Sometimes you have to jump through your ass to get the job done. It is all good if it is reaction to events and there is a real end date. If it is just how the company does business, take your career elsewhere.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »