Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

FWIW I never thought he was checking his watch to see what time it was; I assumed he forgot what day it was.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:42 am
FWIW I never thought he was checking his watch to see what time it was; I assumed he forgot what day it was.
If a reputable news source like the Bee says he was checking to see if he washed all of the blood off of his hands, why would you doubt it?
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Shouldn't have procrastinated... I discovered that the gunsmith I was going to have RMR one of my Glock 19s retired and closed his shop this spring. :(

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

A man was sitting at a bar enjoying an after-work cocktail when an exceptionally gorgeous and sexy young woman entered. She was so striking that the man could not take his eyes away from her.
The young woman noticed his overly-attentive stare and walked directly toward him.

Before he could offer his apologies for being so rude, the young woman said to him, "I'll do anything, absolutely anything, that you want me to do, no matter how kinky, for $100 on one condition."

Flabbergasted, the man asked what the condition was.

The young woman replied, "You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words."

The man considered her proposition for a moment, withdrew his wallet from his pocket and slowly counted out five $20 bills, which he pressed into the young woman's hand.

He looked into her eyes and slowly, meaningfully said, "Paint my house"
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

HAH!
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I love delrin....

Anyway, another machining question primarily for HTRN. How many axes would you want on a DRO for a Bridgeport? Not quite ready to pull the trigger on one yet since I want to figure out why my power feed on the quill isn't working right first, but I think it will be the next thing. Was looking at the Dropros units with the magnetic scales.

I am starting to think that I might want to get one for the lathe eventually too.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Ideally? All 3 plus the quill.

You can live with 2 axis quite easy.

I can't speak about the hobby grade import readouts - my experience has been with brands like heidenhain, Newall, Anilam, Sony, etc.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt