Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Weetabix

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Weetabix »

Vonz90 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:18 pm
Weetabix wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:45 pm
Greg wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:09 am On a lighter note, if you were to come across a vanity plate that reads:

BLZ GRL

How would you parse that? After my first mildly disturbing attempt I noticed that the license plate holder had the logo of the local NHL team.
I read "Blaze Girl".
In the St Louis area - Blues Girl is probably the correct reading. Blues fans are a passionate lot, so the more clear spellings weree probably taken.
My uncle used to work for the Blues. I should have gotten that one.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:28 am
HTRN wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:08 am Speed Queen. :ugeek:

Ideally the non digital control version.

https://speedqueen.com/
I am sure they are nice, but they don't appear to have a top load washer over 3.2 cubic feet in capacity. And it looks like their front loaders max out at 3.5CF. Capacity kind of matters in a house with kids.
Speed queens main market is commercial units for coin op laundromats. Their 'residential" machines are basically their commercial units minus the coin box.

And stay away from front load washers - I haven't seen one yet that didn't develop seal issues inside of 5 years. I would also suggest avoiding asian brands, particularly Samsung, who have earned the dubious reputation as the worst major brand for appliances.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Had to have a front loader in the previous house... I hate them a lot. Though if I went with one and a stackable dryer, it would free up enough footprint for a laundry tub. But I hate them a lot.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I think we're only on the second washing machine, it's gotta be twenty years old at this point

We're recently on the third dryer, when the original to the house one finally croaked a half a dozen years ago, my brother gave us his old one that he, at the time recently replaced. It soldiered on to. Maybe a year ago, then grinding noises indicated failure. I once again, lucked out and had gotten a free dryer from an associate who got a washer dryer set from somebody who was moving.

It all translates that in 50 years, we've never had to buy a dryer and only one washer. :shock:

Of course, I've got two dead dryers in my basement that I still have to cut up and get rid of. :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Dryers are pretty easy to fix. If it still heats, check belts and rollers.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:04 am Of course, I've got two dead dryers in my basement that I still have to cut up and get rid of. :roll:
Half the reason to have a new one delivered, is they haul off the old one. When I bought the current machines, I needed the dryer immediately and didn't have time to wait on delivery, and they didn't have the washer in stock anyway. I made sure the sales documents noted that when they delivered and installed the new washer, that the old dryer be hauled off as well, and the guy still balked about it. But he did end up taking them both away.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Replaced some parts, made some adjustments, power down feed on my mill seems to be working OK now. 8-)

Lot of fiddly little parts in that system.

evan price

Post by evan price »

So a guy found a simplicity zero turn mower for sale cheap because the owner couldn't make it run, and the right side hydro drive was 'weak' and it wouldn't go up hills anymore.
So basically scrap piece was paid.
It's got a great running Briggs twin 18hp.
PO has changed the carburetor fuel pump and filter and ripped the grommet out of the bottom of the gas tank trying to figure out a fuel issue. If you fill the tank full it will run until it gets to half full, then stalls like it's out of fuel. If you let it sit, it fired up again but dies of fuel starvation. If you fill the tank it will run again.
Turns out he'd put the wrong battery in the unit. It had reverse polarity terminals, so to make it fit he had to crowd the battery up against the fuel tank. The battery was sitting on the fuel line, crushing it.

The 'weak' right drive? Hydro mowers can't be towed unless you open the bypass to let the fluid flow, or the wheel won't turn. There's an emergency towing lever for each drive unit under the counterweight. You can't see them you just have to know where they are, and the right one was pulled halfway out. Then I re adjusted the drive levers to balance the machine.
Finally, the not pulling hills issue was a worn main belt connecting the motor to the two hydro pumps.
I had to put on 4 new tires, three belts, a seat, fuel line & tank grommet, correct battery, and a full service... about $200 plus the 50 i paid for it.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

BDK

Post by BDK »

“English” thinking vs “German” thinking.

(From a PA Dutch perspective.)

“English” are predatory.