Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Weetabix

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Weetabix »

Good article. I'm guessing most leftists won't agree with the conclusion because reasons, though.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I just watched an 18 year old SNL skit...

Colonel Angus is still funny.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

The parts that the electrician needed to install my 200A service arrived last week, now they can't get the power company to show up to turn off the power long enough for them to install it. :x From what they have said, the utility has been crap to work with lately; which I suspect is related to them having bought the public electric utility from the municipality a while back, and having brought a bunch of those formerly "civil servants" on.

Trammed the Bridgeport head in last night, thinking I might finally get the chance to use it... Was an interesting and somewhat fiddly process. In theory I can run it now but I would prefer not to run the generator to do so, particularly given that the first job will be to program the VFD, which may take me a while.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

If there's nothing in your life worth fighting for, worth dying for, worth killing for, then you don't really have a life.

--Me when I couldn't change the station fast enough to avoid that execrable ode to a philosophy that has racked up 100 Million+ murders and still counting - Imagine
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Running a classified over on the 300 blackout forum for some duplicates I made of my Dillon-to-Lee case feed adapter I use for primer pocket swaging. I machined them from delrin on my lathe with the goal of having a clean installation with no chance of cases hanging up in the tube... Only to get some guy crapping in the thread telling how you can do the "same thing" with layers of masking tape. :roll:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

"Christmas ornaments, Drywall and Jerry Epstein.

What Are three things that don't hang themselves"

~ Sen. John Neely Kennedy (R) Louisiana
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://lawliberty.org/an-elegy-for-the-boy-scouts/

I have never been a BSA fan. I am not sure it made any sense anyway, but definitely not as non traditional organization.
randy

Post by randy »

Scouting was a big and important part of my life up through the time I went on Active Duty. Even then I volunteered to help base troops when I could.

My Dad was an active Scouter up almost to the day he died. I'm kind of glad he's not here to see this sad ending.

The path to where they are now started in the early 70's when they deemphasized outdoor activities (camping, hiking, etc.) with more "Urban" oriented activities to be "relevant". The change in track and requirements is a major reason why I never advanced beyond Star. (I put my efforts into Order of The Arrow, making Vigil. I shudder to think what hoops they've been going through).
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

Antifa rioters with molotov cocktails are not paying their "fair share" of taxes.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:19 am .

The path to where they are now started in the early 70's when they deemphasized outdoor activities (camping, hiking, etc.) with more "Urban" oriented activities to be "relevant".
My dad was a scout, and tried to get me and my brother involved, by taking us to an open house. They kept going on about volunteer work, and raising money for one charity or another.. Finally they made their huge mistake - they asked if their were any questions..

My brother, who must have been 8 or 9 at the time, raised his hand ,mad asked "We get to shoot guns, right?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could of heard a pin drop. The guy doing the presentation kinda blew off the question, and that was the last and only time we were involved with the bsa... :mrgreen:

I still have the Boyscout manual my father acquired from Met Life from when they still had a library, a sixth edition, 1962.