Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
John_in_Longview

Re: Does not follow...

Post by John_in_Longview »

After 5 weeks of unemployment after being unexpectedly laid off, it appears I will have three or four job offers next week.
randy

Post by randy »

John_in_Longview wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:00 am After 5 weeks of unemployment after being unexpectedly laid off, it appears I will have three or four job offers next week.
:D :D
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

John_in_Longview wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:00 am After 5 weeks of unemployment after being unexpectedly laid off, it appears I will have three or four job offers next week.
Congratulations. Choose wisely…
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
g-man

Post by g-man »

DD got a pink Crickett for Christmas after she turned 6. S&H wanted "an orange rifle" (because Nemo is life) last Christmas after he turned 6. Couldn't get a Crickett with an orange stock, so he got a Savage Rascal. The trigger in the Crickett isn't bad. But compared to the Savage AccuTrigger? Night and day. I noticed that her biggest problem was maintaining support-hand stability while trying to get the 'gentle squeeze' for the trigger to break... so back to the local MoD for a pink-stocked Rascal. Previous practice for 4-H rifle team she shot a 120 and a 134 with the Crickett. With the new rifle? 159.

The boy can't shoot officially until he's in 4-H (still a Clover Kid), but at the end of practice he gets a chance. We had to stop shooting before he made it all the way through his target, but when we stopped he was at an 87 out of a possible 130 points, so on track for 120-130. They love shooting, and are consistent, which is the biggest thing for working on getting better. She wasn't really sure the first time we went out, but on the way home from her very first practice asked "Can we do that again?". Yes child. Absolutely yes.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

g-man wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:12 pmShe wasn't really sure the first time we went out, but on the way home from her very first practice asked "Can we do that again?". Yes child. Absolutely yes.
That's delightful! :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:47 pm
g-man wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:12 pmShe wasn't really sure the first time we went out, but on the way home from her very first practice asked "Can we do that again?". Yes child. Absolutely yes.
This is the way…
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
randy

Post by randy »

Captain Wheelgun wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:06 pm
Weetabix wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:47 pm
This is the way…
What they said :D
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Captain Wheelgun wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:54 pm
Congratulations. Choose wisely…
I ended up with three offers. One contract only position, which would pay the lowest rate of the three; it was easily eliminated.
One contract to hire position with a university. Except for health care costs, the benefits were nice. I would be managing 9 people with 5 to 10 years experince who were still putting bad code into production on regular basis. My main job was to fix their poor performance. Not sure which among them would be mad I got the job they wanted. I passed on this for the final offer, from a medical billing company, which was the most money/best benefits and probably the least amount of stress.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

John_in_Longview wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:38 pm...probably the least amount of stress.
Sometimes that is the most important part.

Congratulations.