Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Ah, NY, where you can get arrested for preventing toll fraud:
https://pix11.com/news/local-news/brook ... plate/amp/

Anyone want to bet that the owner of the vehicle is NYPD? Because that's the only way I see them responding to a non emergency call that fast.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

My new snowblower is a real game changer. Downsized from a 27" wheeled Husqvarna to a 24" Ariens with tracks. The Husky was 16 years old and getting tired (but definitely fixable), and despite being smaller and having a smaller engine, it's not really any slower to clear the driveway and it probably does a better job due to the stability of having tracks. But what really makes it awesome, is that unlike the old one, it will fit through the back door of my garage, and once in the backyard it can handle the uneven ground thanks to the tracks. Meaning that where before I would have had to use a hand shovel to clear paths to the sheds, back deck, back stairs, etc, now I am a lot more likely to actually get it done because I can do most of it with the snowblower.

In other news, I engaged the locker on the Jeep (Auburn Ected) in anger for the third time yesterday. Wife got my truck stuck sideways to the street trying to turn around due to somebody else having got stuck there first. Strapped it to the Jeep, put both rigs in 4 low, engaged the locker, pulled the full size crew cab truck out and straight to the road with no drama.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I gotta replace the cylinder head on my Troy-Bilt 24". Sparkplug threads are shot, and I don't cotton to mucking around with a Helicoil because reasons.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:46 pm I gotta replace the cylinder head on my Troy-Bilt 24". Sparkplug threads are shot, and I don't cotton to mucking around with a Helicoil because reasons.
Remember when the only aluminum in a small engine was the piston?

All the heavy power equipment I have(tillers, snow blower, chipper) is at least three decades old, and mostly built like tanks out of steel and cast iron.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

like bicycles... Steel is real

I still prefer a lugged steel frame. Maybe the newer aluminum frames ride better but my first one would shake your fillings loose and shake a kidney loose.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

blackeagle603 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:25 pm like bicycles... Steel is real

I still prefer a lugged steel frame. Maybe the newer aluminum frames ride better but my first one would shake your fillings loose and shake a kidney loose.
Plus Its easier to add mounts for things like hydraulic brakes. I won't even mention the stress cracking issues with aluminum bike frames.

In other news, these been some discussion online about Ukraine getting Polish Leopard 2PLs, since mil.gov has decided to sell them an additional 100 or so older M1s, in addition to the 200+ new construction they're buying. The difference is, they'll get them in a matter of months instead of several years. The current theory is their previous new mbt was going to be ex German Leopard 2s, updated to 2PLs, but I guess the Poles got tired of the Germans dragging their feet. Speculation is they're going to give the Ukrainians the existing 2PLs, as their vintage M1s start arriving... Which led to this gem of a comment on Reddit:
You paint a stars and bars to signify allegiance to the Novorossiya Union of People's Republics. I paint my tank orange, slap a giant confederate flag on the top, and numbers on the side because it's time for some serious maneuver warfare.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NonCredibleDef ... _russians/

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

https://youtube.com/shorts/LhIfsujbNKE?feature=share

Eddie ain't wrong - some of the scariest motherf*ckers I've ever met were the quiet guy in the corner.... Watching.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

So, I can get points towards free shit if the files for my glasses case on Printables makes it to 100 downloads in the next few days (basically before 30 days since I posted it are up). Doesn't look like it is going to quite get there but it might be close. Just sayin....

https://www.printables.com/model/359524 ... ng-glasses

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Don't have a 3D printer, but I did download the files
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:22 am Don't have a 3D printer, but I did download the files
8-)