Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
blackeagle603

Re: Does not follow...

Post by blackeagle603 »

2 is 1, 1 is none applies.

Having come of age in manufacturing with advancing the *Schonberger "World Class Manufacturing" paradigm, 2 smaller units is better than one 1 large unit as well.

*boy am I dating myself with that reference
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Well, ideally I'd have a pair of 20 cu. ft whirlpools in addition to the small one in the kitchen, but that ain't happening - don't have the bread for it, and there's no way I could get them down the basement.

I checked Amazon, and I only bought it 6 years ago. It's also only 5 cu.ft while I could have sworn it was a 7...

Going to go over to the local chain appliance stores and see what they offer, as they'll take care of the old one. Amazon has a 7 cu. ft Danby for $430. If they approach that price, I'll order through them.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Remember in the old days, when you had to be careful which old aunts and uncles you gave your email address to? I had an uncle who would forward me everything he thought was funny.

Well, now I'm on Instagram and Facebook so I can keep up with kids and grandkids... and it feels a bit like old times.

Add to that that at work, I'm the guy people say, "Hey, would you look at this with me?" and I feel much too connected. There are times I'm on my 4th interruption trying to work my way back through the chain to figure out what I was working on myself.

/whinge
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
BDK

Post by BDK »

This may not be the solution - and it depends how far up the chain you are, but lots of folks work 5-7AM/Sunday afternoons to get “their” work done.

However, I am becoming a bigger fan of Sabbath keeping, as work gets more involved.

Regardless of your beliefs, very old cultures thought it was a good idea.

I am PA Dutch, so I tend to have a certain attitude to tech - but I think 24 hours of no work, but also no social media, phone etc.

Keep a device just for books and music/maybe video calls with family and friends.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

My Blue Heaven is an unofficial sequel to Goodfellas and no one can convince me otherwise. :ugeek:

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

HTRN wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:10 pm My Blue Heaven is an unofficial sequel to Goodfellas and no one can convince me otherwise. :ugeek:
:lol:
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Weetabix wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:55 pm
HTRN wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:10 pm My Blue Heaven is an unofficial sequel to Goodfellas and no one can convince me otherwise. :ugeek:
"Loosely based" is still "based". ;)
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I'm serious. They're both based on Henry Hill, and the Writer for My Blue Heaven, Nora Ephrom, was the wife of the cowriter for Goodfellas, Nicolas Pileggi. It even roughly picks up where Goodfellas ends.

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

HTRN wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:19 pm
I'm serious. They're both based on Henry Hill, and the Writer for My Blue Heaven, Nora Ephrom, was the wife of the cowriter for Goodfellas, Nicolas Pileggi. It even roughly picks up where Goodfellas ends.
I wasn't laughing AT you. I was laughing with joy because I'd never thought of that.