Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

This is interesting - VW is going to resurrect the IH Scout.

VW got the rights when they bought Navistar, IHs parent company, last year.

If course, they're not going to bring it back for why it's loved - a tough, affordable no frills SUV.

No, it's gonna be an Electric luxury SUV, ala' the new Ford Bronco.

And knowing VW, it's gonna be an over engineered, unreliable piece of crap that costs a fortune.

Sigh. I'd really like to get a scout, ideally with a bad drivetrain, and repower with a Cummins 2.8/NV4500/Atlas setup. About the only thing I would really add is A/C.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:32 pm This is interesting - VW is going to resurrect the IH Scout.

If course, they're not going to bring it back for why it's loved - a tough, affordable no frills SUV.

And knowing VW, it's gonna be an over engineered, unreliable piece of crap that costs a fortune.

Sigh. I'd really like to get a scout, ideally with a bad drivetrain, and repower with a Cummins 2.8/NV4500/Atlas setup. About the only thing I would really add is A/C.
I hope they burn in hell for that.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:32 pm This is interesting - VW is going to resurrect the IH Scout.

We will see. New CEO coming in for VW as they got rid of the guy obsessed with EVs. I could see them changing that up, either to drop the idea or offer different powerplant options.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

dare we hope for a TDI?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
evan price

Post by evan price »

Snip
IHC made a Nissan I6 diesel powered scout in 79 and 80.
They were slow pigs.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

evan price wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:09 am IHC made a Nissan I6 diesel powered scout in 79 and 80.
They were slow pigs.
I thought that was scouts in general?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

yeah that nissan engine was old school IDI, mechanical pump, no turbo. Ran forever.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
g-man

Post by g-man »

Wouldn’t need an additional 80k IRS goons if there was a flat tax.

Just sayin…
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

g-man wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:27 pm Wouldn’t need an additional 80k IRS goons if there was a flat tax.

Just sayin…
But that makes sense, you know that’s not allowed. :evil:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

g-man wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:27 pm Wouldn’t need an additional 80k IRS goons if there was a flat tax.

Just sayin…
I think that's why they oppose the flat tax...
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D