Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Vonz90

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

I am pretty sure that if how you feel about someone changes based on your knowledge of what race they are, you are racist.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/deadspin- ... ce-mistake
Greg

Post by Greg »

Fuck fuck fuck.

Got up to piss this morning and even before my eyes started focusing properly something seemed 'off'. When my eyes started working....

There was a coyote sniffing around the side of my neighbors house not 30 feet from my bathroom window. It spent several minutes checking out their landscaping, some chairs, a coiled up hose... it went under their deck, etc. Then a second one showed up.

A few minutes after that they left the area, through my yard.

Edit: And they're back. Seems to be the same two. One is very dead grass and treetrunk color and surprisingly hard to follow, the other is bigger and darker and easier to spot. Same neighbors house. Those neighbors are a little older, and they often have grandkids over. Good kids, we let them use our yard too.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 am I am pretty sure that if how you feel about someone changes based on your knowledge of what race they are, you are racist.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/deadspin- ... ce-mistake
Very much so. Even more if you crap on someone solely based on their race.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

And we've been seeing those coyotes all morning. Seen them in the neighbors yards on both sides, our yard, running through the strip of woods at the back of everyones yards.....

We spotted some really fat racoons hiding from them, and coming out of cover when the coyotes temporarily leave.

It's full daylight and they're still actively prowling through yards not far from houses. Hmmmmm.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:19 pm And we've been seeing those coyotes all morning. Seen them in the neighbors yards on both sides, our yard, running through the strip of woods at the back of everyones yards.....

We spotted some really fat racoons hiding from them, and coming out of cover when the coyotes temporarily leave.

It's full daylight and they're still actively prowling through yards not far from houses. Hmmmmm.
Watch your dogs. Neighbor's dogs were killed by a pack of coyotes when I lived in Wildwood. One was a G. Shepard and the other was a husky, so not like they were obvious targets.

They tend toove on in a few weeks unless they have a steady source of food (garbage for instance)
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:29 pm
Greg wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:19 pm And we've been seeing those coyotes all morning. Seen them in the neighbors yards on both sides, our yard, running through the strip of woods at the back of everyones yards.....

Watch your dogs. Neighbor's dogs were killed by a pack of coyotes when I lived in Wildwood. One was a G. Shepard and the other was a husky, so not like they were obvious targets.

They tend toove on in a few weeks unless they have a steady source of food (garbage for instance)
Not too many dogs in the neighborhood but there are a bunch of indoor/outdoor cats that may become snacks. Also lots of kids, many of whom have relatively free range of the neighborhood (it's that safe here).

We've got a cat but he only goes outside on a leash he's an odd one. He's also a rescue, and he was watching the coyotes out the window and not looking happy which makes me wonder. Our kids are big enough I'm not too worried except that they might try to pet the damned things. We're expecting decent snow this coming week and my wife has told me they're not going sledding by themselves now.

We had been hearing them for a while now in various places in the area, howling at night. I recently almost hit one with my car while it crossed a main local road one subdivision past mine. There's a surprisingly large local rabbit population, that seems to fluctuate pretty wildly - the hawks seem to follow that population (and contribute to the fluctuation) and I imagine the coyotes do too.

Just disturbing and more than a little annoying to see the things running around in my yard.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

randy

Post by randy »

When I was growing up in Iowa in the 70's, there was a bounty on coyotes.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I think coyote season in Ohio is year-round.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, the fridge shit the bed. Sigh. I was hoping it would last past snow season. Everything is now either in the chest freezer, or the small fridge downstairs.

There goes 800 bucks.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt