Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Vonz90

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:34 pm
Vonz90 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:53 pm I thinkthey over charged him, but I don't have much issue overall with the Chauvin verdict (I have no sympathy for George Floyd though).
Yeah, it's not like a member of BLM lied to get on the jury to ensure a conviction... :roll:

Oh wait . :oops:
Oh yeah, the process sucked and the 2nd degree murder charge was BS from the start, and probably the 3rd degree too. He should get a new trial and all that, I agree.

I also agree that George Floyd should not have had someone kneeling on his neck after he stopped struggling and certainly after he stopped breathing.

BUT! They are both dumb asses who did stupid things and so I have no sympathy for either one of them. Criminals should not resist arrest and hope the cops will respond correctly. And cops should not use excessive force and count on the system to protect them.. fuck them both in other words.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

yeah, reckon this will be appealed and with some success
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

Vonz90 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:53 pm I think they over charged him, but I don't have much issue overall with the Chauvin verdict (I have no sympathy for George Floyd though). This case though is very different though and this is some progress.
Chauvin didn't get a fair trial. At the minimum, the prosecution violated Chauvin's Brady rights with their document dumps during the trial.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:43 am
Vonz90 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:53 pm I think they over charged him, but I don't have much issue overall with the Chauvin verdict (I have no sympathy for George Floyd though). This case though is very different though and this is some progress.
Chauvin didn't get a fair trial. At the minimum, the prosecution violated Chauvin's Brady rights with their document dumps during the trial.
Yeah, I pretty much agree, see my other post though. The process is important for its own sake. But I still have no sympathy for Chauvin.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:00 pm
I also agree that George Floyd should not have had someone kneeling on his neck after he stopped struggling and certainly after he stopped breathing.
Except the alternate angle showed he wasn't actually on his neck, but on his back above the shoulder blades. Which wouldn't affect breathing. The most he should have been charged with, is criminally negligent homicide, and considering that the ME even said "yeah, we don't know what caused the respiratory distress that killed him" even that is a bit of a reach. But we live in clownworld now, so...
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:14 am
Vonz90 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:00 pm
Except the alternate angle showed he wasn't actually on his neck, but on his back above the shoulder blades. Which wouldn't affect breathing. The most he should have been charged with, is criminally negligent homicide, and considering that the ME even said "yeah, we don't know what caused the respiratory distress that killed him" even that is a bit of a reach. But we live in clownworld now, so...
Doesn't matter to my point but, actually putting a knee on a the back can stop breathing especially if the person in question is in distress (Note there have other cases that have resulted in death too. ) Maybe Floyd would have died anyway, but legally that doesn't matter. There is no reason to do it, ergo it is stupid. I do not mind punishing stupidity.

So did he kill him, or contribute to him dying? IDK, but if you are on video doing something that might kill somebody and they die, you should probably expect to be prosecuted, if he was too stupid to figure out that would happen then f*** him.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... r-he-died/

Note that they also had their knees on his back, not his neck.
Jered

Post by Jered »

It never ceases to amuse me to point out that the lefties running around chucking Molotovs are not paying their taxes and not following federal gun laws.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Talking to a friend from church last night and he has seen cougars on his place, showed me a video of one that looked quite large. His place is only like 5 miles from mine.

Interesting
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Vonz90 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:55 pm Talking to a friend from church last night and he has seen cougars on his place, showed me a video of one that looked quite large. His place is only like 5 miles from mine.

Interesting
out looking farther afield for action after the spring break crowds have gone home? All those likely young men...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story