Don LaFontaine, voice of movie trailers, dies

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni
Sep 2, 3:31 PM EDT

By RAQUEL MARIA DILLON
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Don LaFontaine, the man who popularized the catch phrase "In a world where..." and lent his voice to thousands of movie trailers, has died. He was 68. LaFontaine died Monday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center from complications in the treatment of an ongoing illness, said Vanessa Gilbert, his agent.

LaFontaine made more than 5,000 trailers in his 33-year career while working for the top studios and television networks.

In a rare on-screen appearance in 2006, he parodied himself on a series of national television commercials for a car insurance company where he played himself telling a customer, "In a world where both of our cars were totally under water..."

More..............
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rod

Re: Don LaFontaine, voice of movie trailers, dies

Post by Rod »

Didn't scroll down far enough when I heard the news. Delete my notice. "In a world where..." is to be heard no more.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
DougWojtowicz

Post by DougWojtowicz »

It just won't be the same "In a world..." :(
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rod wrote:Didn't scroll down far enough when I heard the news. Delete my notice. "In a world where..." is to be heard no more.
As requested.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

I saw this guy live at a club doing his impression of LaFontaine.

And here's the man himself. Enjoy!
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I can say honestly that the short list to replace Don LaFontaine is populated by neither Gary Burghoff or Henry Gibson.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds