Rabbis call for end of D&I at Universities

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
blackeagle603

Re: Rabbis call for end of D&I at Universities

Post by blackeagle603 »

n the wake of a report showing that DEI leaders often promote antisemitism.
this is my shocked face.

Communists by any other name are still communists.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

A coalition that represents more than 2,000 Orthodox rabbis on American public policy issues is demanding that American universities abandon their "diversity, equity and inclusion" (DEI) efforts in the wake of a report showing that DEI leaders often promote antisemitism.
Wow, that's pretty shocking! Who wrote that report?
The coalition's demand follows an alarming study in which the Heritage Foundation found that university DEI staff "express anti-Israel attitudes that are so out of proportion and imbalanced as to constitute antisemitism."
The Heritage Foundation, huh. We're already on shaky ground. Let's see what they did.
To measure antisemitism among university DEI staff, we searched the Twitter feeds of 741 DEI personnel at 65 universities to find their public communications regarding Israel and, for comparison purposes, China. Those DEI staff tweeted, retweeted, or liked almost three times as many tweets about Israel as tweets about China. Of the tweets about Israel, 96 percent were critical of the Jewish state, while 62 percent of the tweets about China were favorable. There were more tweets narrowly referencing “apartheid” in Israel than tweets indicating anything favorable about Israel whatsoever. The overwhelming pattern is that DEI staff at universities pay a disproportionately high amount of attention to Israel and nearly always attack Israel.
That's their methodology? "Why are you mad at Israel on Twitter when you should be mad at China"? That's some rather dubious methodology at best. What's more, as you read the report it's quite clear that the vast majority of tweets critical of Israel are critical of actions taken by its government.
Frequently accusing Israel of engaging in genocide, apartheid, settler colonialism, ethnic cleansing, and other extreme crimes while rarely leveling similar criticisms toward China indicates an irrational hatred that is particularly directed toward Jews and not merely a concern for human rights.
So pointing out what the Israeli government is actually doing is antisemitic now? What a load of crap.

Antisemites aren't slick and actual antisemitism isn't hard to find.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I saw on another forum where someone was saying something positive about the A-10. You should probably go look it up and set them straight.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:56 am I saw on another forum where someone was saying something positive about the A-10. You should probably go look it up and set them straight.
Still more productive than calling a piece of rebar a shotgun stock for $60 a pop