Alt-history writing project

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Captain Wheelgun

Re: Alt-history writing project

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Snippet deleted due to upcoming book release March 2, 2022.
Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

About to twist some tails?
Captain Wheelgun

Only a freedom of navigation exercise, just like they’ve been doing off the Texas coast for the last 60-ish years. :twisted:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Ahh, but I don't think that the French will see it that way. Something more along the lines of a full scale (ok, small scale) invasion. And are about to raise holy hell in international circles about the audacity of those upstart Texans to dare tweak their noses. Or am I reading into this incorrectly?
Captain Wheelgun

tfbncc wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:18 am Ahh, but I don't think that the French will see it that way. Something more along the lines of a full scale (ok, small scale) invasion. And are about to raise holy hell in international circles about the audacity of those upstart Texans to dare tweak their noses. Or am I reading into this incorrectly?
:twisted: You’re exactly right. :twisted:
Captain Wheelgun

Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randy

Post by randy »

I'm not sure what the terminology was in the 1930's, but for "weapons locked down" the term I was familiar with from the 80's (mostly in the aviation/air defense realm) was "Weapons Hold" meaning you may only fire when fired upon or with a direct order. You also had "Weapons Tight" (Positive ID of the target as hostile is required, but cleared to engage hostiles). "Weapons Free" meant basically "clear My sky of any junk that isn't positively ID'ed as one of ours".

Not sure so much a surface thing. Hopefully one of our Squid brethren can enlighten us.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Captain Wheelgun

It is finished!! Or should that be C’est Fini!

Now for editing, designing a cover, an figuring to how to get it on Amazon.
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Whoopee! I can hardly wait.

Ray
Captain Wheelgun

Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.