Alt-history writing project

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
MiddleAgedKen

Re: Alt-history writing project

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Thanks for the clarification -- that makes a difference. Seemed like a larger gathering on first read. Maybe "The three officers" or some such rather than "Everybody"?
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Another snippet: The plot thickens, literally...

Removed due to upcoming publication of Book 2. See my post on 09/07/2022 for more info.
Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Indeed, the plot has thickened nicely. Also, your story telling has improved much since book one.

Ray
Captain Wheelgun

tfbncc wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:49 pm Indeed, the plot has thickened nicely. Also, your story telling has improved much since book one.

Ray
Thank you, Ray.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Captain Wheelgun

Here it is... the first big battle. This kinda hurt to write.

Please let me know where I’ve screwed up, or where I can make it read better.

(Note: Admiral Baines has turned over tactical command to Admiral Chandler.)

Removed due to upcoming publication of Book 2. See my post on 09/07/2022 for more info.
Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Getting to kill off LBJ had to have eased the pain of writing that....
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Captain Wheelgun

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:34 am Getting to kill off LBJ had to have eased the pain of writing that....
True... :lol: :twisted:
randy

Post by randy »

I don't suppose you could work an Ensign Lloyd Bentsen onto that casualty list? :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Captain Wheelgun

randy wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:55 pm I don't suppose you could work an Ensign Lloyd Bentsen onto that casualty list? :twisted:
Hmmmm, they haven’t found out about the battle back home yet, so the casualty list is still up in the air... :lol: :twisted:
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

I was going to make some comments on the exorbitant amount of damage that each fleet took, with expert witness testimony, multiple examples of actual surface warfare actions, and the 47 glossy photographs with the circles and the arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what the picture was.

Then I thought it over again and decided that this is your story. Your description of the battle lends itself to the drama of the story just fine. So I decided to just sit back and keep my mouth shut. Carry on.

Ray