A Gun Mayhem Book That You Don’t Want to Buy--Yes, you do! Y

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
SeekHer

A Gun Mayhem Book That You Don’t Want to Buy--Yes, you do! Y

Post by SeekHer »

E mail received today from Aunty Fifty’s Stupid Relatives – Firearm Fellows – those Gelded Gunners

Brought to your attention by: KNOW THY ENEMY™

*°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*°°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*°-*
A Gun Mayhem Book That You Don’t Want to Buy

We received an e-mail today about a pro-gun book co-written by someone once convicted on a felony charge for income tax evasion, relating to his gun advocacy business operations: Alan Gottlieb.

Gottlieb is always looking for publicity, because publicity helps sell his books and increases his profile with the fringe pro-gun groups. Recently, he so hassled a Boston Globe columnist about the columnist advocating for modest gun control, that the columnist started writing about Gottlieb and his – shall we say – “interesting” background. Alan’s sort of a pro-gun entrepreneur, you see.

So Gottlieb teamed up with one Dave Workman to write what they bill as “The One Book for Gun Rights Protection.” The title of the book is, “America Fights Back: Armed Self-Defense In A Violent Age.”

Advertising copy for the book exhorts: “That’s why the Second Amendment Foundation is urging you to buy this book today and help spread the word that gun ownership is important by making this book a bestseller. The Gun Ban lunatics do not want you to read this book. They know that this book is the ammunition that will shoot holes in all their twisted logic and emotional arguments.”

And who might the founder and vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation might be? Why, Alan Gottlieb.

One of the endorsement quotes for the book also caught our attention: “Who needs a gun? You do! And this book gives the reasons, complete with dozens of actual cases in which the man or woman with a firearm made the difference between life and death, health or injury in the face of violent criminal attack.”– John Snyder, Board Member, National Association of Chiefs of Police.

Now, you might think John Snyder is a police chief, but he’s not. And you might confuse the National Association of Chiefs of Police with the International Association of Chiefs of Police, which is in fact, a legitimate and large association working on behalf of police chiefs.

The “National Association of Chiefs of Police” on the other hand is a front organization for the gun lobby to make it appear that it is a high-profile chiefs of police organization, when it is little more than a letterhead organization.

Snyder, by the way, has spent years trying to get a priest who allegedly “used handguns in 1860 to rescue Italian villagers from a gang of terrorists” to be designated as the Vatican’s “Patron of Handgunners.”

Snyder is also Public Affairs Director of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, which is affiliated with – you guessed it – the Second Amendment Foundation.

Whoever said that gun advocates were in it for the money?

Not us.

But when the “National Association of Chiefs of Police” were on the side of gun control the antis couldn’t extol their virtues fast or far enough but when they have slid over to the other side, now they can’t get rid of them fast enough..."Two faced bastards"…

I wonder when the antis will get so frustrated that they take up arms against us? I mean if PETA can be convicted of mistreating (torturing) animals maybe the GFWs will take up arms, maybe not handguns--pooh, pooh, yeech--but baseball bats and will then see that it is the asshole behind the weapon that is at fault not the weapon…
There is a certain type of mentality that thinks if you make certain inanimate objects illegal their criminal misuse will disappear!

Damn the TSA and Down with the BATF(u)E!
Support the J P F O to "Give them the Boot"!!
Highspeed

Re: A Gun Mayhem Book That You Don’t Want to Buy--Yes, you do! Y

Post by Highspeed »

SeekHer wrote: I wonder when the antis will get so frustrated that they take up arms against us? I mean if PETA can be convicted of mistreating (torturing) animals maybe the GFWs will take up arms, maybe not handguns--pooh, pooh, yeech--but baseball bats and will then see that it is the asshole behind the weapon that is at fault not the weapon…
Happened here already - 'hunt saboteurs' - they have tried direct physical confrontation.
When you've got a bunch of scrawny vegan middle class kids fighting working class blokes who have worked outdoors all their lives though the end result is always going to be the same.
They had to shift to 'provoke and record on film' tactics in the end because they were getting the crap knocked out of them - and I mean hospitalised, broken bones etc :D
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Aglifter

Re: A Gun Mayhem Book That You Don’t Want to Buy--Yes, you do! Y

Post by Aglifter »

You know, I think interfering w. a hunt might actually be a criminal act which you aren't allowed to shoot someone for in TX... It did put a bit of a chill in some aspiring HS punks when a couple law students/lawyers they knew explained they could legally be shot for TPing a house at night... (Not so crazy about where TX is going, but I love where it was... At one time it was very, very much, be polite, and respect everyone else's rights, or imperil your life.)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto