Alt-history writing project

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Captain Wheelgun

Re: Alt-history writing project

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

HTRN wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:46 am
Captain Wheelgun wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:53 am “Yes, Mr. Chairman. Since the last report to the Congress, the Model 1939 1” auto-cannon, also known as the Polybolos, has passed it’s final tests and is now in full serial production.
You want a fun idea? A 37mm Hotchkiss revolving cannon(I so want on in 4 bore :twisted: ), with a low RPM drive system(steam?), combined with a link less feed system - 1500 rpm firing 1.5 inch explosive shells will ruin al or of people's day.
It’s certainly a possibility, given that they’re already making electric/hydraulic powered Gatlings. Thanks for the reminder.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Captain Wheelgun

Another couple of related snippets, Karl gets to try something new... (ROLO stands for Radio Object LOcation, and Centurion in the Texas Army is equivalent to Captain)

Removed due to upcoming publication of Book 2. See my post on 09/07/2022 for more info.
Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Looks interesting so far. I am a bit worried that you are relying more on the technology that you are writing about than the mettle of the characters. First the ships, now aircraft. Does this affect the outcome of the story later? Still, I'm looking forward to book 2.

Ray
randy

Post by randy »

Well, IIRC, he did say early on he was influenced by David Weber. :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Captain Wheelgun

tfbncc wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:54 am Looks interesting so far. I am a bit worried that you are relying more on the technology that you are writing about than the mettle of the characters. First the ships, now aircraft. Does this affect the outcome of the story later? Still, I'm looking forward to book 2.

Ray
Thanks for the feedback, Ray. I am working on the character part of the story as well. As for the planes, they may get used to hurl hate and discontent at our favorite bad guys.
randy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:30 pm Well, IIRC, he did say early on he was influenced by David Weber. :twisted:
Tum tee tum tee tum... :twisted:
Captain Wheelgun

Good News, Everyone!

I just found out that a short story I submitted to an anthology was accepted and will be included in the final publication.

The anthology is a collection of Haunted Library stories. My story is called ‘The Ghosts of Port Aransas’. It’s set in the same universe as ‘Texas at the Coronation’, but happens a few years earlier. Spooky doings in the Texas Navy Archives. :twisted:

I hope to have more information soon.
randy

Post by randy »

Cool!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Outstanding! Post a link to the finished work when available, please.

Ray
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Congratulations
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

+1