Alt-history writing project

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
HTRN

Re: Alt-history writing project

Post by HTRN »

Oh, this won't back fire horribly

Nope, nope, nope.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

Boy sure don't know Texans, does he?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

An additional thought: "Let's start a war of terror against a country that includes a large population of Comanches"
What could possibly go wrong.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:28 pm Boy sure don't know Texans, does he?
Forget Texans. People in general. When the "other" tries to make an example of you using the blood of their children, it turns a political dispute personal. Doesn't matter if it's Texans, Commache, Ukrainians, Hmong or Highlanders. It shows a serious lack of human social dynamics - Machiavelli had an excellent quote on this -
If an injury is to be inflicted on an enemy, it is to be so severe, that the enemy’s retaliation need not be feared.

All the frog in chief is doing starting a blood feud with an entire nation. Somebody might want to point out how they start, and how they end up - the Hatfield McCoy feud started over allegations over a stolen pig. It would up costing a dozen lives, 9 prison sentences, seven of which were for life, and one of the McCoys was hung.

Over stolen livestock.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
BDK

Post by BDK »

And, at the time, a large chunk of the population would have been survivors of a terror based war with the Comanche…

I take it this ends with “Texas East” in the depopulated ruins of France?
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Snippet deleted. See post for December 20, 2023 for details.
Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
randy

Post by randy »

Another military Sooper Genius in action
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:40 pm Another military Sooper Genius in action
The Italians were pretty dumb in our timeline too.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Captain Wheelgun

Snippet deleted. See post for December 20, 2023 for details.
Last edited by Captain Wheelgun on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Captain Wheelgun

No comments about the last snippet? Good, bad, magic brownies?