007 working for the other side?

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Kommander

Re: 007 working for the other side?

Post by Kommander »

Wait whats wrong with Connery?
DougWojtowicz

Post by DougWojtowicz »

It's a deep seated personal hatred, supported by acquaintences who've actually either been his drivers or worked with him on the set.

He's PURE, UNADULTERATED ELITIST SCUM WHO THINKS HIS FECAL MATTER SMELLS OF ROSE PETALS.

Connery is someone who is on the short list of those in need of wall-to-wall counseling, preferably with dimension lumber and a sack of oranges.
DougWojtowicz

Post by DougWojtowicz »

I'm concentrating my vinegar on a dumb ol' Scotsman.

One who gave us Zardoz and Highlander II. ;)
drice

Post by drice »

DougWojtowicz wrote:I'm concentrating my vinegar on a dumb ol' Scotsman.

One who gave us Zardoz and Highlander II. ;)
I agree that he has made some crap movies, simply for the pay check. I never paid much attention to his personal views until he made that famous statemen about it being OK to slap your women around a bit to keep them in line.

I've not been a fan ever since.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jericho941 wrote:The article didn't really go into specifics but implied he'd been around a real shooting, or had at least seen the aftermath. Being exposed to violence can create phobias, or amplify them, so in cases like this, I'm willing to cut the hoplophobe some slack because there's a legitimate trigger, rather than just indoctrination.
Sooooo. My wife is a hoplophobe in the literal sense. Her uncle (a police officer) commited suicide when she was little and it left her with a fear of firearms. That is understandable.

She is also however a rational enough person to know that her fear is not rational and therefore does not externalize it into being anti 2nd Amend. and so forth.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with not liking firearms. What is childish is thinking that they have magical powers to make good people do bad things and believing that everything will be a freaking Disney movie if the bad guns go away.

So. short answer Hoplophobe => no problem. Externalizing it => big problem.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Jericho941 wrote:The article didn't really go into specifics but implied he'd been around a real shooting, or had at least seen the aftermath. Being exposed to violence can create phobias, or amplify them, so in cases like this, I'm willing to cut the hoplophobe some slack because there's a legitimate trigger, rather than just indoctrination.
Well, that's certainly your choice if you want to cut him some slack, but I say it's still bullshit just because he's seen an injury or gunshot wound? Many wounds don't look like much more than bloody holes (and some don't even bleed much), unless there's also broken bone involved or avulsed tissue. Large caliber round wounds tend to be messier.

But if he's afraid of guns because he saw a bullet wound once, is he also afraid of bicycles (I'm sure he's fallen off one at least once in his life and got a bloody wound), cars (which cause horrendous tissue damage), knives, forks, sharp Dorito chips which can cut the inside of your mouth.

Personally, I think he's a moron who happens to also be an actor (some overlap), since being an actor is to also be a professional liar and impersonator.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

DougWojtowicz wrote: Connery is someone who is on the short list of those in need of wall-to-wall counseling, preferably with dimension lumber and a sack of oranges.
Dude!!! YOU CRACK ME UP!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig