Right-wing web browser?

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
MiddleAgedKen

Re: Right-wing web browser?

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I'm migrating from Firefox to Brave. Brave is Brendan Eich, who was at Mozilla and was cut loose over Prop 8 (I think it was).
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
randy

Post by randy »

I just installed it. Fast and smooth, including importing bookmarks etc. from Firefox
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

And now, after Parler got the axe, Signal is "experiencing technical difficulties."

The question is, am I paranoid enough?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:24 pm The question is, am I paranoid enough?
After what just happened to arfcom, I would suggest that the administration take a good hard look at our domain name registration, dns, and wenhosts.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

randy wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:34 am I just installed it. Fast and smooth, including importing bookmarks etc. from Firefox
How does it do importing bookmarks from Chrome?
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I switched to Brave. It's not hard to import bookmarks from Firefox, I don't use Chrome though. Firefox can kiss it. I don't know how it would go with other browsers, but I figure if I haven't used a bookmark in so long that I can't remember the name of the site, I probably won't miss it. I like the privacy features. I'm glad I had the option to move away from those jackass browsers. Makes me wonder how the user base has been trending at all the "big guys."
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
randy

Post by randy »

Langenator wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:49 pm
randy wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:34 am I just installed it. Fast and smooth, including importing bookmarks etc. from Firefox
How does it do importing bookmarks from Chrome?
Sorry. Don't know, didn't have anything to import from Chrome.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

I’ve installed Brave on my iPad, how do I import the bookmarks from Safari?
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Captain Wheelgun wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:07 pm I’ve installed Brave on my iPad, how do I import the bookmarks from Safari?
I don't know from Apple anything, but on my Brave dropdown menu (upper right corner, three horizontal lines) three is an item marked "Bookmarks." Open that, and it's right there, "Import bookmarks and settings..."
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.