Right-wing web browser?

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Odahi

Right-wing web browser?

Post by Odahi »

IE/Edge, Chrome, and Firefox (apparently) are property of huge left-wing corporations, does anyone know of a browser that isn't owned/run by lefties? I'm not really interested in supporting those who want to silence or monitor me.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Jered

Re: Right-wing web browser?

Post by Jered »

https://100percentfedup.com/list-of-new ... a-options/

It looks like Brave might be a good one.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Thanks, I've been looking around, and I think I agree. I already knew about the biggies, and then read an article about the Firefox CEO saying that the President needs to be "deplatformed" along with needing to keep others in line as well. NOT a way to win my loyalty or respect, there, Mozilla.

Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Jered wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:31 am https://100percentfedup.com/list-of-new ... a-options/

It looks like Brave might be a good one.
Thanks for the confirmation, I am probably going to try it. User review to follow, although I'm not an expert.

Rustyv

Post by Rustyv »

Been using Brave for a year now. Came for the built in ad blocker, stayed because it just works better. It has its ups and downs, but usually a big enough bug will get fixed within a day or two.

It’s also easy to turn the ad blocker on and off if you run across a site that doesn’t work right, or if you don’t mind looking at their ads.
Welcome to the internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents.

Dance like it hurts, Love like you need the money, Work like people are watching - Scott Adams
g-man

Post by g-man »

Odahi wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:06 am Thanks, I've been looking around, and I think I agree. I already knew about the biggies, and then read an article about the Firefox CEO saying that the President needs to be "deplatformed" along with needing to keep others in line as well. NOT a way to win my loyalty or respect, there, Mozilla.
Yep. Sideways, rusty chainsaw... and the horse they rode in on. Never using Mozilla anything again.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Odahi wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:06 am Thanks, I've been looking around, and I think I agree. I already knew about the biggies, and then read an article about the Firefox CEO saying that the President needs to be "deplatformed" along with needing to keep others in line as well. NOT a way to win my loyalty or respect, there, Mozilla.
Interestingly, it was that information that cause me to switch to Brave just today.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Sheesh and here I just go Firefox going and figured out.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I've noted minor differences between Firefox and Brave so far, but nothing debilitating.

Main thing for me is that the Bookmarks and the bookmarks toolbar seem to be combined. Just a bit of management, and it's pretty easy to use again.

I have no regrets so far.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Brave install was easy, smooth and fast.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story