Popping chaff (web browser edition)

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
blackeagle603

Popping chaff (web browser edition)

Post by blackeagle603 »

Anyone here have experience running periodic random websearches in the background on a PC?

Heard this discussed today as a way to generate some search history clutter for the likes of the "don't evil" primary colors company.
"
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Precision

Re: Popping chaff (web browser edition)

Post by Precision »

no but it sounds like a good idea. Wouldn't a VPN be even better?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

blackeagle603 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:29 am Anyone here have experience running periodic random websearches in the background on a PC?

Heard this discussed today as a way to generate some search history clutter for the likes of the "don't evil" primary colors company.
"
For Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... rackmenot/
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

no but it sounds like a good idea. Wouldn't a VPN be even better?
I go by the assumption that everything is hackable. So belt and suspenders rules apply. Use a VPN and would like to also create piles of bogus search noise.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Gunnuts wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:15 pm

For Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... rackmenot/
Thanks I'll play with that. Which reminds me I need to try Firefox again... For whatever reasons lost to time I gave it up and got complacent using Chrome.

I'm happy to own GOOG stock, but I really need to do better at weaning myself off personal use of their platform.