gmail question

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Precision

gmail question

Post by Precision »

Hello all,

Not as tech nerdy as I probably should be, so...

This morning my semi permanently open GMail window wouldn't connect. Normally I just close the window and reopen when that happens. NO big deal.

Today, no luck. It won't do anything other than white screen when I attempt to go to Gmail email login. I don't mean it won't let me log in, it won't go to the site at all. Works fine from my phone so I assume it is a local issue. No other sites seem to be affected.

Thoughts, solutions?

ETA. using firefox
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Re: gmail question

Post by Precision »

That is weird. I tried it again before I posted and nothing. Probably the 10th time today.

I just tried it again and it worked. I had to go to bing and search for it then link form there, but at least it worked.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
randy

Post by randy »

Have you tried clearing you Cache in Firefox?
In my version: Tools>Options>Privacy & Security> Cookies and Site Data> Clear Data
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

You were probably using an obsolete link to reach the login page and someone got around to eliminating that pathway.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:14 am You were probably using an obsolete link to reach the login page and someone got around to eliminating that pathway.
could be. So long as it works now. It was making life a little annoying.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

randy wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:44 am Have you tried clearing you Cache in Firefox?
In my version: Tools>Options>Privacy & Security> Cookies and Site Data> Clear Data
What all settings and such do you lose when you do that? Or can you selectively clear data from the cache?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

That removes cookies and cached web page data such as graphics etc. It will not take out things like saved passwords or bookmarks

Firefox has a Manage Data function, but I've never bothered.

I clear the cache on my phone/tablet browsers pretty regularly, and on my desktop whenever a site starts acting wonky.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".