Ultrasonic cleaner for light industrial use

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Netpackrat

Ultrasonic cleaner for light industrial use

Post by Netpackrat »

Question primarily for HTRN, but any input that any of you might have would be helpful.

We have some filter cleaning applications at work that call for use of an ultrasonic cleaner, and the manual reference doesn't give any spec for a unit; it just says "commercially available". So I looked at both McMaster-Carr and Grainger, picked one from each based on a size that looked like would meet our needs, and then recommended the one from McMaster because it was about 2/3 the cost of the other, and I have never gotten anything bad from them. Now I am being asked if it is a good quality unit, and I don't really have an answer for them since the only ultrasonic cleaning unit I have any experience with is the little Hornady cleaner I have posted about in the past (which probably makes me the company expert on ultrasonic cleaning :roll: ). I don't anticipate that we'll need to use it more than a few hours per week at most.

Any comments on quality of ultrasonic cleaners from McMaster, Grainger, or what would be another good source/brand to recommend would be helpful, since web searches have not been productive thus far.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cobar

Re: Ultrasonic cleaner for light industrial use

Post by Cobar »

I'll also be interested in what others have to say as I have been wondering what ones are decent.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Crest makes the best ultrasonic cleaners afaik. Also stupily expensive Amazon has a 1.5g model for 850ish.
Last edited by HTRN on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

FWIW, this is the unit I/we were looking at:

https://www.mcmaster.com/3410K87/

Picture is not representative of the size and shape; they use the same generic picture for every model.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

If Crest is the manufacturer, I am thinking the one at McMaster is maybe this unit?

https://iultrasonic.com/powersonic-p180 ... c-cleaner/

If so, that's a significantly better price.