Telephones

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
rightisright

Re: Telephones

Post by rightisright »

BDK wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:19 am Carry a flip phone, and use a service which forwards calls to it, if someone listen to the voice prompt and dials the right extension. (I have to change providers between SC and TX)
That might work for me. I have an 800 number for my business. Since I am in the field 80% of the time, I have it forwarded to my mobile (because I am too cheap to hire a secretary to answer the phone). I've had the 800 number for over 20 years, so 90 percent of the calls I get are bullshit.
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

Under Obama, the rule against sales calling cell phones was ended. But it didn't matter because he cut most of the funding for enforcing Do Not Call laws anyway.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

I wish Obama's butt plug could be reached by Wi-Fi .
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

When I moved to Arkansas I got a cell phone... for about a year. It mostly sat in my desk at home needing a recharge, so a ditched it. I cut the cable 3 years ago and get my TV fix from youtube. And I buy box sets of shows I like. Got the old Magnum P.I., Miami Vice, etc.

As for my phone, anyone that knows me, knows very well I don't answer it at all, not until the message kicks in and I can hear who it is calling me.

As for the phone salesmen. Under Obama, the money for the do not call enforcement all but disappeared. That was one of Bush's deals, remember. So Obama and crew gutted it in short order. Hence the phone salesmen were back in force. I have not heard to date whether Trump ever put some of the money back into enforcement of the do not call laws. Also under Obama, the law was changed to allow salesmen calls on cell phones, where before any of those kinds of call to cell phones was flatly forbidden.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I'm going to airplane mode regularly now and then just going live periodically to check for messages before going sinker again. Get more work done...

Thinking about getting an app that will send messages to email in box so I don't have to do that much at work -- just see them when I go to email.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story