recommend a decent desktop printer

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
SoupOrMan

Re: recommend a decent desktop printer

Post by SoupOrMan »

The HP inkjets are frustrating at best. And now that I know about the self-destructing nature of the ink cartridges, I'm [strike]a little[/strike] very pissed off. I rarely print things except for yearly tax documents and the occasional reservations, so it might be six months between printer uses.

I may look into a monochrome laser printer.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

A new reccomendation: HP 4200N - refurbished - $250

The 4000 series is what replaced the "5" series of laserjets. The N version has native network support, and versions/accessories add such features as multiple sheet trays(for different kinds of paper), large volume feeders(1500 pages), Duplexers for printing on both sides.. And if 35 pages a minute aren't enough, the 43XX comes in versions up to 50+ pages a minute(4350).
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Monportlaser

Post by Monportlaser »

A new reccomendation:[Spam Link Deleted]

Spammer Banned
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I've been pretty happy with the Canon G3202 inkjet (EcoTank-type) I bought in February 2021. I use it pretty regularly, and I'm still working on the original ink. So far, so good, especially for about $200.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Honestly? If I was buying new, I'd look hard at a brother laserjet. Be warned, they're notorious for having shitty wifi connections, so plan on USB or Ethernet as a connection.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt