3D printing a gun

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Netpackrat

Re: 3D printing a gun

Post by Netpackrat »

https://www.printables.com/model/357270 ... ator-racks

Small thing that I designed recently for making with the 3D printer, to keep metal files from getting dulled by each other when kept in a drawer. Magnetic bases to stick to steel drawers so they can be easily rearranged as needed.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Good idea - files are stupid easy to damage, that's why I keep my grobet set at work in a tool roll.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

HTRN wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:33 am Good idea - files are stupid easy to damage, that's why I keep my grobet set at work in a tool roll.
My dad has a set like that, I half jokingly call it his ‘file server’. :lol:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

So, I did not win this design contest outright, but I did win one of the lesser prizes. :ugeek:

https://www.printables.com/contest/331-eyeglass-holders

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:30 am So, I did not win this design contest outright, but I did win one of the lesser prizes. :ugeek:

https://www.printables.com/contest/331-eyeglass-holders
That's actually a really good design, compared to the case most glasses come in, for putting in an inside pocket.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Thanks.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

That appears to be based on the stamp guide Brownells sells for barrels? I do like the addition of the grey spacers though.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I didn't think to look in the Brownells catalog for one, although it's likely I saw it there at some point. I did a search on Printables looking for for something like it, but didn't find anything, so I made my own. Ended up being one of the few occasions where I nailed the important dimensions on the first print. The half spacer actually took more time to get right. Getting fits and clearances of 3d printed parts right isn't an exact science. That's one of the reasons why the designers of DIY printers are so insistent that you follow their print settings exactly.

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

This thing?

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tool ... 26535.aspx

I don't remember having seen it before.