3D printing a gun

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Netpackrat

Re: 3D printing a gun

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Going through the older messages in this thread, it's pretty impressive how much difference a decade of development can make.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Netpackrat wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:02 am Also, what bear for gun:

https://github.com/gregsaun/prusa_i3_bear_upgrade
HAHA. I have a Fusion 3d now and it operates a little different.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Combat Controller wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:44 am HAHA. I have a Fusion 3d now and it operates a little different.
Is that the one with the stainless tube instead of a screw-in nozzle?
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Got the Pi camera arm setup on the Prusa. I have the parts printed for the Bear also and still need to do the install of the Octoprint software on both machines:

The major parts were all downloads from Printables, but I also had to design some of the pieces myself. Namely the links to attach the drag chain to the arm and the pi case at each end, and some standoffs to improve management of the ribbon cable.

https://www.printables.com/social/27244 ... ons/193963

SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I kind of want one if only to print up an army of Beakies and the occasional doodads for my ham radio gear...
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

LDO Voron 2.4 kit is in da house. 8-) Looks like I will need to re-print my extruder parts, because they included the upgrade parts for the latest version of the extruder. West3D rocks... They honored their free shipping to Alaska, and threw in a $50 gift credit I wasn't expecting, which offset part of the cost of the E3D Revo Micro hot end I will be using.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

SoupOrMan wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:46 am I kind of want one if only to print up an army of Beakies and the occasional doodads for my ham radio gear...
I mostly want one for wargaming, which is why I been watching the price come down on high resolution medium sized DLP printers carefully. I'd love a Phrozen Sonic Mega 8k, but at $2200, it ain't happening. An Elegoo Saturn 2, despite it's much smaller build volume, is still more than large enough to to do 90% of what I'd like, the rest can be either done via fdm or failing that, farmed out to a print farm if I absolutely need it done via DLP(like using casting resin). It's also less than a third the price of the Mega 8k.
Netpackrat wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:47 am LDO Voron 2.4 kit is in da house. 8-)
Do keep us updated- I'm thinking about building one myself
Last edited by HTRN on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:16 pm Do keep us updated- I'm thinking about building one myself
Yeah will do. Not sure when I will start the actual build. I printed all the parts over the last month or two, and right now I am re-printing some of the earlier pieces due to cosmetic issues that I solved later on in the process. And I have to re-print some of the extruder parts also now. That stinks because those were some of the last (and therefore best looking) of the pieces I printed.

Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I currently have in my possession a Form 3+ from Formlabs.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.