I’m still alive

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Candyman

I’m still alive

Post by Candyman »

Yes, it true, I’m still about dirt.
I retired from the Baton Rouge City Police Department last year after just a little more then 20 years. But I’ve been so busy. I have no idea how I ever got anything done before.
I haven’t been on the forum in a while, but thought I would stop by and say hi and let those that know me, know that I was still alive.
The ones that remember me, know that I had cancer back in 2007. I’m in good health, but can’t swallow, or talk very good anymore due to residual effects of radiation treatments.
I spend most of my time in my shop, woodturning. It’s my new hobby since retirement and I’m having a lot of fun. I mainly make bowls of all sizes and have just started making cigar ashtrays.
I’m still buying and shooting guns, but have sold off a few guns from my surplus gun collection.
I hope that all is well with everyone.

Candyman/AKA GunnyUSMC
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Weetabix

Re: I’m still alive

Post by Weetabix »

Good to hear from you, Candyman! I'd wondered where you got off to.

No more fixing rifle stocks?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Good to hear that you're still kicking
randy

Post by randy »

Welcome back!
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I approve of this message. Glad to have you back.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Greetings and well seen.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Weetabix wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:34 pm Good to hear from you, Candyman! I'd wondered where you got off to.

No more fixing rifle stocks?
I still repair stocks, but don’t take in much these days. With retirement, training my service dog and woodturning, I don’t have much extra time. But I do spend a lot of time in my shop making a mess.
Here’s some of the fruits of my labor.
50AC7089-4E8A-499C-A550-66148B4C628A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

So, no more stories of the magic crate? :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Good to hear you're still kickin'.

Those are some nice looking bowls.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

HTRN wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:02 am So, no more stories of the magic crate? :mrgreen:
I still have a bunch of crates. I have a friend coming to visit in the summer. He wants me to build a crate for his Carcano rifles.
Going to copy my Russian K98 crate.