Farewell Maryland

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
AndytheAxe

Farewell Maryland

Post by AndytheAxe »

Got our offer accepted on a house up in PA. I'll be able to live in a free state and finally get an AR :D
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
randy

Re: Farewell Maryland

Post by randy »

Whoo Hoo!

I left Baltimore, Hon, back in 94. Didn't leave anything there so have no desire to ever return.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

AndytheAxe wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:05 pmGot our offer accepted on a house up in PA.
Where in Pennsylvania?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

New Freedom, we have to stay closeish to MD due to family caretaking responsibilities but at least we're on the Free side of the line.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Congrats.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

AndytheAxe wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:55 pm New Freedom,
Darn, I was hoping for another recruit for the "Pocono Mafia" :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

It's still going to be two and a half years or so before I can retire and make my escape. Hopefully, we'll have enough money saved to afford the deluxe refrigerator box.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Congrats and all, but when did PA start counting as a free state?
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

It is relative to MD. Esp once Hogan's gone and the Ds have all the branches of gov't again. MD wants to be the CA of the east coast.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:26 pm Congrats and all, but when did PA start counting as a free state?
Compared to the rest of the Mid Atlantic and New England states?

Really, only New Hampshire and Vermont have better gun laws, the former is being overrun with left leaning mass holes, and the latter has been dominated by leftists for more than half a century. Both have significantly higher cost of living than PA.

Btw, there is no such thing as a "free state".