Freedom!!

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
HTRN

Re: Freedom!!

Post by HTRN »

Vonz90 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:09 amOf course the laws suck. I am not sure I would consider PA an upgrade but IDK.
Maryland is a may issue state, PA is shall issue, and depending on the county applied in(Wayne, for example), will be issued the day you apply, only Philly and the counties around it will give you any headaches about it. PA also prempts local munis on issuing firearm laws, so no special gotchas in any small town. PA also doesn't have any laws restructuring ownership of title II firearms, and you can hunt with a suppressor.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:52 pm Maryland is a may issue state,
And, in the 90's at least, that meant that you had to be actively working private security under a registered firm, or be butt buddies with the right people to get a permit. I can't imagine it's gotten any better since then.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

South Dakota is looking better and better
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jered

Post by Jered »

Weetabix wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:22 pm Come to the middle of the country. We have cookies and Constitutional carry.
Unfortunately, we also have Californians.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

randy wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:54 am
HTRN wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:52 pm Maryland is a may issue state,
And, in the 90's at least, that meant that you had to be actively working private security under a registered firm, or be butt buddies with the right people to get a permit. I can't imagine it's gotten any better since then.
It's about the same for carry but they passed an AWB in 2013 and have worse tee-d up for when we get our next Dem governor.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

Got my CCW today! So much easier than I expected. MD made it a chore to get an HQL just to buy a pistol. PA just do the paper/fee, walk in, they give you a card. Real America is a culture shock. Now I just need something concealable and a sneaky holster.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
randy

Post by randy »

Welcome to Free America
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

AndytheAxe wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:18 pm Got my CCW today! So much easier than I expected. MD made it a chore to get an HQL just to buy a pistol. PA just do the paper/fee, walk in, they give you a card. Real America is a culture shock. Now I just need something concealable and a sneaky holster.
Remember, it's "license to carry firearms", so SBRs and SBSs are on the table. :ugeek:

And oh, according to the Cato institute, PA is currently ranked #14, ahead of Texas(!), In freedom. :shock:

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt