money fantasy

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Precision

money fantasy

Post by Precision »

Ok this didn't really happen, but... play along.

Your friendly neighborhood Precision just won the Lottery BIG TIME and is giving each member of TGC a $15k (+/- maximum annual tax free gift) of cash. To be repeated each year for a minimum of 10 years assuming you can play by the one rule.

The One Rule. Unless you are POOR, the money must be spent within 6 months AND used for fun things. Preferably gun related, but a fishing trip to the Caymans or a new snow mobile work, too. An itemized receipt log must be sent back or no funds will be dispersed to you next year. Putting a $15k deposit on a $75K gatlin gun / MG 42 is acceptable.

What do you do with your first installment that arrives tomorrow?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Weetabix

Re: money fantasy

Post by Weetabix »

Guided sheep hunt in Alaska. When I lived there, I never could afford it. I worked with a guy whose employment agreement included 6 or 8 weeks off during hunting season to guide hunts. It always sounded great.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

Would a new antenna and rotor system with a new HF rig and a 2/220/440 DMR radio for the shack qualify?

Then would come the family range memberships at every place in town (4 last I looked).

Have Darlin' daughter and I take the full run of Handgun training courses at a local range. (Refresher for me, initial for DD)

I've long fancied a 9mm AR SBR for a house gun (+1 for Darlin' daughter) and a .357 Lever action. A Tanker Garand in .308

Spend anything left on stocking ammo.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

Weetabix wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:00 pm Guided sheep hunt in Alaska. When I lived there, I never could afford it. I worked with a guy whose employment agreement included 6 or 8 weeks off during hunting season to guide hunts. It always sounded great.
Would that guided hunt run $15k? Sounds like great fun though.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
Precision

Post by Precision »

randy wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:28 pm Would a new antenna and rotor system with a new HF rig and a 2/220/440 DMR radio for the shack qualify?

Then would come the family range memberships at every place in town (4 last I looked).

Have Darlin' daughter and I take the full run of Handgun training courses at a local range. (Refresher for me, initial for DD)

I've long fancied a 9mm AR SBR for a house gun (+1 for Darlin' daughter) and a .357 Lever action. A Tanker Garand in .308

Spend anything left on stocking ammo.
Absolutely,
Ham is not mandatory, but fun.
The other things obviously yes too until the funds ran dry anyway, then start again next year.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:37 pm The One Rule. Unless you are POOR, the money must be spent within 6 months AND used for fun things. .
Define "fun" :twisted:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jered

Post by Jered »

Oh, that's easy, lol.

Stemple, Stemple, ammo, press, stemple, uzi...
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Guns. Lots of guns.

And ammo. Lots of ammo.

And some training. As much training as I can squeeze in with work/family.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Termite

Post by Termite »

Upgrade the instrument panel in my.......errr... :? ... I and Mrs Termite's, Cessna 175. And some practice ammo; I got plenty of carry/ defense ammo, but I'm kinda getting thin on FMJ practice ammo.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Some new fishing rods and reels, along with ice fishing gear.
A CZ 550 in 458 Lott and 416 Rigby, and them send them to ahr for their #2 cz upgrade on each.

The rest would probably be spent here:
https://theshooterscorner.com/benchrest-rifles/
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt