money fantasy

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
HTRN

Re: money fantasy

Post by HTRN »

Combat Controller wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:04 pm Cape Buff hunt methinks to start.
You're not doing that for 15K, 20, maybe. Depending on how good a deal you get. The hunt alone will probay cost you 15-20k, and when you add in ammo, airfare, misc costs..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:11 pm
Combat Controller wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:04 pm Cape Buff hunt methinks to start.
You're not doing that for 15K, 20, maybe. Depending on how good a deal you get. The hunt alone will probay cost you 15-20k, and when you add in ammo, airfare, misc costs..
Right now some are as low as 800. But Doc and Mr. Freemarket got theirs for 12k each I think. So we know a guy.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Combat Controller wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:43 pm
HTRN wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:11 pm
Right now some are as low as 800. But Doc and Mr. Freemarket got theirs for 12k each I think. So we know a guy.
Wow, prices have dropped since the last I looked - it used to be the only way you'd do a ten day buff hunt for 15 k was right before the season opened and they still had open bookings. You'd occasionally see these kind of deals advertised on AR.com by various people in the industry.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

Covid related price drop to get people to come over and do it?

I hear lots of exotic tourist locals are empty due to covid travel restrictions and quaratine periods, so it kinda makes sense .
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Post by randy »

Here's something else to add to the list:
Ever wanted to drive a WWII-era tank? Here’s your chance
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Precision wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:20 pm Covid related price drop to get people to come over and do it?

I hear lots of exotic tourist locals are empty due to covid travel restrictions and quaratine periods, so it kinda makes sense .
That's the $800 for a cull beast these days.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
AggieWalt

Post by AggieWalt »

randy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:46 pm Here's something else to add to the list:
Ever wanted to drive a WWII-era tank? Here’s your chance
Why rent when you can buy and annoy the neighbors as a bonus?

I would love to do do that. Both drive and annoy the neighbors.

As for the fantasy question. Boat(s) 22' offshore and a flat bottom for the marshes. Mac and Lage upper(s). That would make me a happy boy!

Oh and ammo, lots of ammo.
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.
Precision

Post by Precision »

AggieWalt wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:21 pm
At current prices, that would only buy you... some... ammo :lol: :lol: :roll:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
AggieWalt

Post by AggieWalt »

Precision wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:14 pm
AggieWalt wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:21 pm
At current prices, that would only buy you... some... ammo :lol: :lol: :roll:
I figure if TP futures go up again I might be able to work out a fair exchange rate :D
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.