Covid doesn't make it any easier

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
blackeagle603

Covid doesn't make it any easier

Post by blackeagle603 »

Just got word my youngest relapsed and has been sent back to rehab for 30-days. This after recently graduating to final 4th phase sober living house of this program she started as an inpatient last spring. She has done a lot of good work on the roots of what's being medicated but 2 steps fwd, 1 step back two step again.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
randy

Re: Covid doesn't make it any easier

Post by randy »

Sorry to hear that. Here's my thoughts hoping that she makes it further down the line this time.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Sorry to hear she relapsed. Glad to hear she’s right back into rehab.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Look at this way, better for her to relapse now where it will be caught quickly and she can be helped right away, then after release where she drop much deeper in addiction before it's noticed.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Sorry for your and your family's trouble. Heavenly Father, make her path straight and give her grace and guidance, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

thanks all.

No one warned us about the parenting of young adult children. Infants, diapers, terrible twos, teens, yes. Adult children no.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Doesn't matter how old they get, they are still your kids. Praying for you and your family.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

You have my heartfelt sympathy. I myself am a "recovering" alcoholic, I have 27 years sober as of July. Mrs. O and I are currently boarding my opiate-addicted stepson. He's 42 years old, and relapses pretty regularly. Last time, I got to shoot the Narcan up his nose. I pray for your daughter, may she find the peace and strength she needs to get away from the addiction. And I pray that you and your wife can have some sanity and peace in your lives too. It's been my experience, and that of too many of my siblings, that it takes a lot of struggle to beat an addiction, and my own experience is that it took years, but my periods of sobriety got longer and longer each time. All the best to you and your family.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Cobar wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:32 am Doesn't matter how old they get, they are still your kids. Praying for you and your family.
+1
Precision

Post by Precision »

I have not participated in that struggle, but I have seen it up close and from a distance. It is work and not pretty work.

I don't, but I probably should thank the Almighty more often for not wiring me towards addiction.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/