Tiny Tim

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Dedicated_Dad

Tiny Tim

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

Hello my Brothers!

If you don't recognize me, I'm sorry. I was here before there WAS a here!

I asked - CC/Zed gave me their approval.

I don't like to discuss it, but I give a little cash to people who I think are deserving.

THIS is a good woman who is struggling. She.has no means to give him much. I can give her $20 - would you PLEASE help in whatever way you can!

If by some miracle we over-shoot, I'll take surplus to another Mom!
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
Precision

Re: Tiny Tim

Post by Precision »

I am not sure I follow.

I remember the fellow traveler, just not the plea
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Yeah, no real posting since 2012, and then some very out of character requests for money, in words that don't sound like the poster in question? Color me skeptical.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Also, who is Zed?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Zed Minus

those who know, know. ;)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

It is me. Lots of reasons - having found the FB group I wasn't aware TGC was still breathing.
"Zed" suggested I post here.
I'm not asking for Benjamins.
If I needed cash for ME, I'd ask. This group kept me in beans once upon a time - I didn't ask.
My current FICO score is 844 of 850. If I needed money I'd get it. Wouldn't even have to leave my bed.

I've been passing out $20s to people who I could see have needs but didn't ask. This one is KEPT broke by her son's needs & travelling to docs to get the help he needs.

I thought there'd be no problem getting a few bucks here & there. Clearly I overestimated my fellow men. Sadly, it's not the first time. If you don't want to help, fine. Go your way - but kindly don't impugn my integrity. That's a road neither of us wants to travel.
workinwifdakids wrote:MV Gun Counter: "We're like Blackwater, except without the impulse control."
Random Internet Moron wrote: "High Caliber Magazine Clips are only useful for random slaughter of innocent civilians, so they should only be used by the police."
g-man

Post by g-man »

If by THIS you intended to embed a link to some sort of crowdfunding site, etc... no linky. Which I think leads to a lot of the confusion.

Note: I too remember the user name from the long-long-ago. But this thread is thus far nothing but confusion.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Dedicated_Dad wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:24 am I thought there'd be no problem getting a few bucks here & there. Clearly I overestimated my fellow men. Sadly, it's not the first time. If you don't want to help, fine. Go your way - but kindly don't impugn my integrity. That's a road neither of us wants to travel.
Oh yeah, that last paragraph gets me! Now where do I sign up to give away my money to someone needy that I’ve seen no proof of via a middle man that I should bestow high interweb integrity to! It’s not a scam, he promises!!! 😆
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Dedicated_Dad wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:24 am I thought there'd be no problem getting a few bucks here & there. Clearly I overestimated my fellow men. Sadly, it's not the first time. If you don't want to help, fine. Go your way - but kindly don't impugn my integrity. That's a road neither of us wants to travel.
I'm not sure what the fuck you expected. Guy disappears for years, then suddenly somebody who may or may not be the same person shows up under his username with his hand out asking for money... Even if you are the same DD that we knew all those years ago, you missed quite a lot. Nobody here is interested in being byrned again.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Dedicated_Dad

Post by Dedicated_Dad »

Thanks for the lesson. I need a refresher from time to time. Didn't expect to get it here.

The neighborhood really went to shit while I was away.

If the day ever comes that I'm too cynical to toss my pocket change to someone with a good story, I hope I'll have both the ability and the class to eat my fuvking gun.

Oh - and just for clarity - https://ibb.co/BgrNYS8

"And God bless us, Everyone."