Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
skb12172

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by skb12172 »

viper32cm wrote:Here I am!

Originally from Valdosta, Georgia. I've lived in Atlanta for 7 years. First at Georgia Tech for a business degree and then at Emory for my law degree. In between I've had a couple random jobs: auto service, school teacher, gun rights activist, academic researcher, etc.

Now, thankfully, I'm moving to New Orleans to start being a lawyer.
You can actually make a living as a gun rights activist? I'm in the wrong business.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Don't know how I missed this thread.

Was on Gunthing right before it closed, first heard of Chris Byrne when I was trying to make my Glock not suck.

I'm an industrial automation engineer, now working as a field service engineer third shift on-site supporting a customer who is one of the largest financial institutions in the US. I serve .gov contracts and private sector.
Got into guns when I was younger even though mom is an Anti. I'm a member, forums moderator and regional coordinator of Ohioans for Concealed Carry, a nonprofit org devoted to defending the 2A rights of Ohioans.
I currently live on some land up in the middle of nowhere in normally muddy central Ohio, currently drought stricken.
Mrs. Price is a veterinarian. Two kids.
I've held a lot of jobs, most of them were lousy, some were downright dangerous, a few were hilarious, all brought a lot of learning.

Current interests include shooting, reloading, bullet casting, 4x4s and Jeeps and Toyota Land Cruisers, as well as Diesel engines and machinery. I like to tinker with mechanical things I find in junkyards, and reading good fiction especially SF. I own too many tools and have way more projects than I have lifetime to finish.

Was heavily involved in RPGs and LARPs which is where my handle came from, one of my favorite characters.

I enjoy good old Smith & Wesson and Colt revolvers, especially the .38 calibers and also Sig pistols, and I really, really do not like the AR rifle platform.

I prefer Bourbon Whiskey please and a cold beer served with a side order of some sort of grilled meat.

And I am opinionated and I talk too much.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Denis

Post by Denis »

Evan Price!

You're older than the hills in forum terms, and you're only inroducing yourself now. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Anyhow, nice to meet you 8-)
Bobthewitch

Post by Bobthewitch »

Greetings All,

Used to Hang around on Kim and Connie's site, then moved to the Gun Counter, drifted away for a while, but I am back lurking around again.

I'm in central Florida, I work in IT Security for an Academic Health center. Got a degree in Chemical Engineering.

I try to follow the adage of being silently thought a fool rather than opening my mouth and proving it, but we'll see how I do ;)
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Bobthewitch wrote:Greetings All,

Used to Hang around on Kim and Connie's site, then moved to the Gun Counter, drifted away for a while, but I am back lurking around again.

I'm in central Florida, I work in IT Security for an Academic Health center. Got a degree in Chemical Engineering.

I try to follow the adage of being silently thought a fool rather than opening my mouth and proving it, but we'll see how I do ;)
WELCOME! to the THUNDERDOME!
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Don't mind Yogi - he prefers to attempt to prove himself a bigger fool than he actually is.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Aglifter wrote:Don't mind Yogi - he prefers to attempt to prove himself a bigger fool than he actually is.
No such thing! :lol:
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

I do not believe that a Theoretical Yogi is attainable in the known universe... :lol:
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

So, apparently, when you can't get DSL, and dial-up is a bygone relic, one of these whizbang portable WiFi hotspots isn't half bad.
This would be me.
For those I recollect, how y'all doing? Evidently a going concern and all, which is always welcome news.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
randy

Post by randy »

Hey Aesop, good to see ya here. I've been enjoying your blog.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".