Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
308Mike

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by 308Mike »

Aesop wrote:So, apparently, when you can't get DSL, and dial-up is a bygone relic, one of these whizbang portable WiFi hotspots isn't half bad.
This would be me.
For those I recollect, how y'all doing? Evidently a going concern and all, which is always welcome news.
Welcome home (which I already did in another thread)!! Are you still doing the border watch & report thing?? I would think if so, you've been busier than ever (or have you stopped because the UPPER feds don't give a shiite and step on anyone trying to help the grunts in the field 'cause it doesn't fit their political agenda (according to those in the know)???
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

We secured OUR stretch of border, it only took embarassing the hell out of Dubbya about 20 times before someone somewhere in a building with 5 sides sent a Corps of Engineers one star, the then CBP-head for the region, and a couple of local higher ups to our host with the dictum "I don't want to see one more of those %$(*&^#$^$ videos of the border on Lou Dobbs again! Fix his problem!" And suddenly 10 miles of 20 foot barrier fence appeared one summer, and traffic plummeted thereabouts (mainly moved a few miles east and west). The spooky part was an undocumented visit about 100 yds into BC del Norte just before the barrier went up, where we found a rock-fortified north-facing cartel OP set up to overwatch two of our dozen or so hide locations. Even Pedro doesn't stay dumb forever.

A quick trip to AZ confirmed that for the most part, the "Minutemen" et al are the biggest @$$clowns in recorded history, but there are a number of guys with their heads on straight among them.

It only took 8 years, but suddenly, ABC News has "discovered" that they could hide their own trail cameras in the bushes and get the same videos we were getting, which demonstrate that the cartels continue to run hundreds of illegals and metric tons of dope loads across the border 24/7/365/forever, as of yesterday.

I don't want to say a lot about what the AZ and TX ranchers are doing on their own, but it should suffice to say that there are some areas near the border that are "no go" for gringos, and some that are "no go" for cartels.

The effect of the feds' (on either side of the border) activities is roughly equivalent to the armor rating of the Titanic's paint vs. iceburgs, and that's about 70% by design from higher higher, and about 30% due to incompetence. Pretty much like it's been since about 1960.

Personal efforts since we declared victory in our little patch have been directed more towards preparations for the looming stateside meltdown everyone feels but can't quite see in the coming fog. As in Firebase Snoopy, beans, bullets, band-aids, bullion, etc. etc.
When I see 60-year-old Kool-aid suburban grandmothers with checklists in musty old surplus stores stocking up B.O.B.s, and 20-something college kids doing the same thing, there's something in the wind, and the natives are getting restless, while getting ready.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Now how did I miss this thread?
Some of you know me from when I started posting on the old forum The Gun Thing.
I had just finished up with cancer treatments back then, let me tell you, that was a fun little party.
I'm a Stock Smith, simi retired at this time, my LEO job has been keeping me busy.
I did enough time in the Corps to pick up the rank of Gunny. I was in the Infantry, Heavy machine guns, Anti Armor, and a Co Gunny during those fun years.
I have been an LEO for just over 13 years. I worked the streets on the bad side of town, but now I have a skate job in a LAB where I shoot bad guy guns and match up gun and shooting related cases.
I did gunsmithing and custom bluing for a while.
I like to collect guns, but have a problem with focus when it comes to my collection so, I have a little of everything. But 22s and old military guns turn me on. :mrgreen:
I have a few magic creates that help with my collection.

Also, My door is always open to those that wish to stop by for coffee and shooting the bull, but if you like cream and sugar in your coffee, you need to bring your own. That's because I like my coffee the opposite of my women, strong and black. :lol:
Shooting Penny.jpg
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cool AMD-65. You build that yourself?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Netpackrat wrote:Cool AMD-65. You build that yourself?
Nope, that belongs to a friend.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Is that a Jungle Carbine?
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

CombatController wrote:Is that a Jungle Carbine?
Yep. That's a No5. I have about 11 more Enfields but that is the only carbine.
BDK

Post by BDK »

Y'all know me.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Then you know where everything's at, fix your own damn drink!

And get me one, while you're over there. :lol:
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

BDK wrote:Y'all know me.
That you, Bill? Or was it Bob... Maybe Butch or Brad? :roll:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop