Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
usafret

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by usafret »

Hi all--forgot that I joined this forum a couple of years ago so will have to check with the M.D. about early onset alzheimers. Retired AF. Shoot several times a week (revolvers, 1911s, AR15s) and watch the hardware necessary to do that spontaneously reproduce. Classical music addict.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Welcome aboard! Or back, or whatever!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
BDK

Post by BDK »

Netpackrat wrote:
BDK wrote:Y'all know me.
That you, Bill? Or was it Bob... Maybe Butch or Brad? :roll:

Bruce :mrgreen:
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

usafret wrote:Hi all--forgot that I joined this forum a couple of years ago so will have to check with the M.D. about early onset alzheimers. Retired AF. Shoot several times a week (revolvers, 1911s, AR15s) and watch the hardware necessary to do that spontaneously reproduce. Classical music addict.
So you didn't mean to leave that open tab at the bar? We've all be toasting you all along. Let us know if you need to sell any of those revolvers, 1911s or AR15s to cover it. 8-)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
JAE

Post by JAE »

Hello [strike]NSA[/strike] Gun Counter,

My nom de guerre is JAE, and I have been skulking in the shadows for a year or so (gives me an edge). I unceremoniously announced my presence in the membership thread. I work in mechanical design and QM, have a background in welding, and I am a CWI. My collection of arms could, charitably, be called eclectic. I rarely have anything intelligent to add to the topics here, but I do enjoy the forum.

JAE
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I rarely have anything intelligent to add to the topics here

since when did that matter here? ;)
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

What, you think that makes you special??? :lol:
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

First Shirt wrote:
What, you think that makes you special??? :lol:
No shit. Image
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
B Cuz

Post by B Cuz »

Not sure how I ended up here but I think it started with a search for Kim duToit, an old acquaintance. After spot checking a few pages I though I'd sign up and hang around a bit.

Not much to mention on personals. I'm a more aged Texan with a younger wife who is a refugee from the Peoples Republik of Kanada. We have 3 teens, a dog, various stock, and a bunker. We are somewhere in the East Texas Pineywoods. Was not always a firearms enthusiast, sure I had guns, I hunted, had always been around and owned guns. Then this scotch drinkin, firearms collector/shooter moved into the bunker on a hill closeby. I started hanging around him (way too much my wife said) and was bitten by the bug. Got to play with some class III stuff, trade stories over spirits, and cause a lot of smoke and noise, good times. He has since gone to the great firing range in the sky so I mainly satisfy my need to BS and glean information by surfing the interwebs.

Howdy all !
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Well, ya made it here, that's the main thing!

Welcome aboard! Beer is in the fridge, etc.
Lindy Cooper Wisdom