Brag about your kids here!

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Weetabix

Re: Brag about your kids here!

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:Congrats, Weet. On the one hand, it's nice to see a kid not wasting money on college without a plan, but on the other hand, I hope she comes up with a plan and goes. If you're not in school at that age, life has a way of happening, and making it harder to get back to school later. Or even if you are in school, sometimes. :mrgreen:
I'm witchoo. I'm hoping for the plan and going.

I've seen too many enter with no plan, then fart around, graduate with a worthless degree, and end up 4-6 years and scores of thousands of dollars behind their cohorts. So, I've told the kids they can't go without a plan.

Oldest daughter took a year off between HS and college. Oh, yeah - and graduated with no debt!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Cool! I remember a lot of good times canoeing with my dad.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Well, since we're bragging about our kids:

* My daughter played The Star Spangled Banner on solo-, unamplified, trumpet before an audience of 400 classmates and 1600 parents at her graduation ceremony. I had to go stand at the back, so I could use my camera to record the scene. At least that's what I told my wife. In truth, I had to excuse myself so that I wouldn't make a sorry fool of myself when I started blubbering like a bitch with a skinned knee.

* My son was promoted to Staff Sergeant in his high-school freshman year in MCJROTC. He was selected to attend SLC (senior leadership challenge) as a freshman. He passed his first AP class (the first he could take) with flying colors and is already planning his complete AP schedule for the rest of his school career. I've been doing daily bootcamp training with him and he can now solidly kick my ass.
Last edited by FelixEstrella on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Denis

Post by Denis »

FelixEstrella wrote:Well, since we're bragging about our kids:

* My daughter played The Star Spangled Banner on solo-, unamplified, trumpet before an audience...
Good on her. Tricksy tune that- really large range, both tone and dynamic. Not easy.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

2 down, 2 left to go.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Denis

Post by Denis »

blackeagle603 wrote:2 down, 2 left to go.
Wow. What a lovely bride, and you clean up pretty well too :-)
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Son #2 is home from Boat School for a few weeks. PROTRAMID is over and he is heading into 2nd class year. EE awaits. Seems like 5 minutes ago I was doing that stuff.

Squirrel season is starting. I think I will let my youngest daughter start shooting at living things now. Considering the mess she was when we got her, this is progress.

Also, my niece was valedictorian at her HS and scored a scholarship to Amherst, so that is cool.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I have two who have moved out, two still at home. My wife, the two still home, and I just went on a week's trip to the beach.

While we were gone, my married daughter (who was taking care of the cats) came over and made us a quiche and a cake for when we came back. My son came over, mowed the lawn, ran the weedeater, and weeded. His girlfriend cleaned the house.

I love my kids. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Termite

Post by Termite »

Well, lessee...........
EDT is halfway thru her second year of marriage, and still married.
Junior Termite graduated this May from the technical school with certifications in HVAC/refrigeration, and is currently working for a local HVAC company.
Baby Termite graduated this May from H.S.

Oh, and a week ago, Junior Termite felt the need to purchase a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300..........without researching the cost of insurance on a sport bike for a 20yr old single male with an accident on his record, and less than 1 yr of riding experience.
Heh..... :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."