Fishing with a Baitcasting Rig

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Erik

Re: Fishing with a Baitcasting Rig

Post by Erik »

Lutfisk/lutefisk is generally considered a christmas dish in scandinavia, or at least in Sweden. I'm not sure about Norway, it might be more common there all year around, but somehow I doubt it. 8-)
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
MarkD

Re: Fishing with a Baitcasting Rig

Post by MarkD »

SeekHer wrote:Having spent lots of time in Minnesota with BP rendezvous, I came across "luftfisk" upon numerous occasions and didn't mind it and I imagine a steady diet could become tolerable...

I don't believe I've ever had Fiskeboiler, at least by that name could you describe them?
They did up a piece of cod to taste exactly like Lobster Tail using some combo of spices and that was quite nice…I’ve had it a few times and there must be a different species of lobster that far up because it never tasted like any from down here,,
"Fiskeboller" translates as "fish balls", think meatballs but made of fish. The texture is, well, odd, kinda gelatinous. The texture is what puts a lot of people off from it. It's generally served with a white gravy, and my Mom always served it with boiled potatoes, so it made for a mono-chromatic dish. Fish pudding (AFAIK) the same stuff put instead of being molded into balls it's made in a pan and cut into squares.

My Mom never made her own, she bought them in cans and made her own gravy.