Introduce Yourselves

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
George guy

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Post by George guy »

I'm George, age 22, not much actual life to speak of, came here from GTF.

I'm currently an underling at a small home cleaning/estate management company. I had been going for an animation degree down in the South, and now since December 2005, I'm not, despite the fact that I should have been able to do it.
'Regulate' used to mean the opposite of 'constipate.'
cu74

Re: Checking In

Post by cu74 »

esa5444 wrote:Hello everybody. This is Eugene, just checking in to say that I am alive and well. I changed my username, but otherwise I am the same old me. In fact, just today I bought a new gun. A Smith and Wesson Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman.
Glad to see you finally made it over here from That Other Forum. What's with the esa5444 thing? If you're trying to upgrade your image for the new board, it's probably not going to work - there are way too many of us migrants here who know how you post. ;)

Congratulations on your new 28-2. I have one and it is a favorite.

JIM
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

First Shirt wrote:In the Navy, it would be a Master Chief Petty Officer (Master Chief)
In the Air Force, it would be a Chief Master Sergeant
Army/Marines, it would be a Sergeant Major
Depends if he went the admin or technical route, ex: Master Guns or SgtMaj

Link
357fan

Post by 357fan »

Hey there, folks. My name is Mark, and I use this username on a few other gun boards, including on the now defunct Gunthing and on its predecessor the NoR forum.

I'm in west-central Nebraska, about equidistant from Omaha and Denver, in lovely North Platte. If anybody is ever out this way let me know.

Other than that, I'm a liquor salesman, a geek, a plinker and a pool player.
oilcrash

Reporting as Ordered

Post by oilcrash »

Hey all,

Finally got an internet connection. Still in the states doing pre-mobilization training.
For everyone else, college student, software engineering major, former marine, now Texas National Guardsmen, Cavalry Scout, deploying to Iraq.

I'll check in again when I can.
clyde621

Post by clyde621 »

Oilcrash: Be careful over there and give up an honest up to date on things over there. Via con Dias
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt
randy

Post by randy »

clyde621 wrote:Oilcrash: Be careful over there and give up an honest up to date on things over there. Via con Dias
Roger That! And be sure to let us know if you need anything en-route or once you're over there.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rod

Post by Rod »

clyde621 wrote:Oilcrash: Be careful over there and give up an honest up to date on things over there. Via con Dias
I think you meant Vaya con Dios (go with God). Damn, been here 25 years and can actually speak Spanish. And oilcrash, my sentiments are the same, go with God and don't forget to keep your head AND butt low.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Ben S

Post by Ben S »

Alright alright. I'm here too. Hi all.
Sorry I didn't check in earlier. I'm pretty busy right now, but I can always make time for my favorite nomadic forum group.

I'm Ben. I'm 24 years old and the law school kid from CT. I agree with aglifter by the way. NOBODY ought to take law school seriously. Otherwise you get boring, and start reading your kids stories about Thomas the Tank Engine's liability when he crashes into a pedestrian. (no joke. One of my profs actually does that.)

My main hobbies are guns, bicycles, and hiking. I buy up old bikes or find them in dumpsters, and I break them down, lube them, tune them, put them back together and sell them. It's a decent racket. At least as something I can do to distract myself for 5 hours a week.

I followed NoR from its inception in 2004 (i think...right?), and have been pretty active on the forum since then. Before that, I was reading KTD's blog all the way back to december '02.
cu74

Re: Reporting as Ordered

Post by cu74 »

oilcrash wrote:Hey all,

Finally got an internet connection. Still in the states doing pre-mobilization training.
For everyone else, college student, software engineering major, former marine, now Texas National Guardsmen, Cavalry Scout, deploying to Iraq.

I'll check in again when I can.
oilcrash - glad to "see" you here! I was starting to think you weren't going to migrate.

I second Randy's "let us know if you need anything". We look forward to your safe return, (Rod and I both have guns you didn't shoot yet).
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.