wood working question

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
BDK

Re: wood working question

Post by BDK »

Haxagonal graphite core, wrapped with wood?

It’s how, I think, lacrosse sticks are made.

How are hockey sticks made? Don’t they have some kind of laminate over the wood?
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Pretty sure pro hockey sticks are all carbon fiber now.
Precision

Post by Precision »

used some quick dry epoxy and it worked WAY better than the titebond. wouldn't say it worked perfectly, but it also isn't the proper epoxy, but it was what I had laying around.
Good news is some longer set stuff arrived and maybe tomorrow it will be warm enough to play with and test.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

I think I have the nut cracked. Still not sure I am using the RIGHT epoxy, but the new stuff is much better. My current problem is the temperature in the workshop, but I am bringing it indoors to cure and that seems to be working fine. Especially since the pot time is measured in hours and not minutes.
The delamination has stopped and the haft (on the testor) took some serious abuse without breaking. Real fight use will be a much better test, but we will see. In about 3 weeks, I will be sponsoring a competition and the top 3 fighters in both Male and Female will be going home with versions of my hafts as prizes. Will see how quickly they can destroy them.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/