Happy New Year!

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
randy

Happy New Year!

Post by randy »

May this year not suck as bad as last year.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
tfbncc

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by tfbncc »

And Happy New Year to you!
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Happy New Year
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year filled with the blessings of (restored) ordered Liberty to you all.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Here’s hoping 2022 isn’t 2020-too.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Captain Wheelgun wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:12 pm Here’s hoping 2022 isn’t 2020-too.
Everything I've read is 2022 is going to be worse.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
g-man

Post by g-man »

Ended up febrile this afternoon after running some errands. Apparently 2021 slipped me a Mickey on it’s way out the door with Betty White. No at home COVID tests available anywhere, and the clinic was closed. Will probably head on post to the hospital there in the morning and get tested, if only to find out if I need to be isolated for fever + 24hrs, or the full 5 days, or whatever the CDC says now.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

what you doing to help yourself? You have any preps in place for that bug?

edit to add:
Best wishes for a minor set of symptoms and a speedy recovery.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
g-man

Post by g-man »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:10 pm what you doing to help yourself? You have any preps in place for that bug?

edit to add:
Best wishes for a minor set of symptoms and a speedy recovery.
Sorry, long response...

Symptoms for the 2nd round of Pfizer vaxx (taken of my own volition, with less accurate data than I now have... but I digress) were worse. With actual COVID I've had a fever for ~2-1/2 days (gone now), body ache for the first day, and sinus gunk. Nothing crazy as far as preps/aid goes, mostly because SWMBO is a licensed vet tech, so she's vehemently against the TSC Ivermectin route - not because it's ineffective, but because the manufacturing tolerances are much wider for animal meds. Here's the list of what I've been on:

-Super B complex (B-1/2/6/12 mix)
-1,000mg Vitamin C
-10,000iu/day Vitamin D (I know that as a sedentary desk worker, I'm DEFINITELY low on this during the winter, so I've been on this for months)
-Re-added N-Acetyl Cysteine, which I had been using as a prophylactic.
-Benadryl as a sleep aid / COVID replication suppressant.
-Tylenol/Motrin PRN as necessary for fever / nasal inflammation reduction (off those now)
-SLEEP!! Took Monday completely off as a sick day, and am telecommuting, but I eat my lunch at my desk, and 'lunch time' is a 30-minute nap, followed by laying down again after getting off the clock. Slept 8 solid hours last night, straight through, and woke up this morning feeling like a new man.

Doc gave me some spray decongestant, which I've been hitting up just prior to bed, and in as small a dose as possible (I get nasty headaches from the stuff), and I've been rinsing my head out with a saline wash a couple times a day. I'm adding some of the ghost pepper chili sauce I made a while back to anything I eat that it makes sense with, and that's done wonders for keeping my sinuses clear.

Just theorizing here, but I'd wager the Vitamin D and NAC supplements have been the most effective. I started NAC, at half the dose I'm taking to clear the COVID, back when we had the first cold in 18 months run through the house. That cold resolved notably quicker than my average. I think between the NAC, being in relatively good shape, and being somewhere near 'healthy' with my vitamin D levels, I was as prepared as I could be for this thing. I'd put a C-note on it being Omicron, and if this is what everybody's terrified of... I'm honestly scared for our society. Yes, I know this is still killing people, but so does the flu, and RSV, and rhinovirus. Yes, I have mRNA-induced spike protein antibodies, but the massive amounts of other factors (B/C/D/NAC/health/age) are better indicators.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

good, glad to see you're being proactive.

Dr Brownstein has a wholistic virus protocol we used.

4 days heavy on D, C, A and iodine (lugol's is good) + nebulized H2O2.
Apparently demand (depletion) for D and C goes to the roof when we're fighting a bug.

He has patients do 4 days at first sign of symptoms/suspicion of infection:
50,000 IU D3
100,000 Vit A
50mg Iodine (e.g. 12 drops Lugol's 5%)
Vitamin C to bowel tolerance (5 grams to start, then 1-2 grams every waking hour until disaster pants hits, then titrate back off a bit)

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story