diesel truck upgrade time

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Precision

Re: diesel truck upgrade time

Post by Precision »

Netpackrat wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:58 pm What I found when I bought my truck 4 years ago, is the days of being able to drive up to the canopy store and pick out a cap are pretty much gone. They all seem to be made to order these days. I am mostly happy with the Leer that I bought (my brother bought an ARE for his truck). The first one arrived with some fisheyes in the paint which were taken care of under warranty. The dealer had planned to have it repainted by a local body shop but that turned out to be so expensive (I think in part due to the metallic red color) that they ended up having Leer send a replacement unit up. Not sure how that was any cheaper but I assume they sold my less than year old canopy "as-is" to somebody else so it may have been the cheapest option for them overall.

I was able to take it in for that any time during the warranty period so at least I had the use of the first unit during the winter, and didn't have to deal with snow in the bed of my truck while all that was going on.

If you go the new route you may have trouble with new paint on a new canopy matching your 20 year old faded paint job on the truck. Unless you go with something like black and don't care if it matches.
VEry much don't care if the paint matches and will likely just hit it with the wrap material I am putting on the truck (somewhat inexpertly). I am attempting to go the used route as $250-500 is way better than $2500+
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/