Today I learned....

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Wrenchbender1

Re: Today I learned....

Post by Wrenchbender1 »

Today I learned that Merrill Field is busy and that my radio work (Which wasn't so hot 2 years ago) hasn't aged well. :oops:
Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.
- Demosthenes
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Today I learned that the bloodiest block in the West was in Ft Benton MT.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Today I learned that if you want to get ALL of the V8 juice out of the bottle and turn it upside down to let it drain while you do other things, the cold air in the bottle warms up and when you open the cap upside down over your cup, most of the V8 shoots out on the counter, your pants and your shirt.

(actually, I knew that, so maybe what I learned is that I need to pay more attention)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
g-man

Post by g-man »

Shooting a pistol with a red dot installed is like turning a cheat code on. Finally got the SIG 365XL out somewhere I could shoot it, and DAMN is that thing easy to shoot. Trigger is just a hair nicer than the Hellcat - both fall short of the 1911, but are much nicer than my XD .45 was.

Also learned that I can’t shoot the LTC qual here in TX with it, since red dots aren’t allowed. Which is ok. I’ll either shoot it with the Hellcat or SWMBO’s XDm .40… no biggie.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Today, I learned that the whole deal with St Bernards and barrels and brandy barrels is probably a myth invented whole cloth by a English painter named Landseer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Landseer

I would still totally get a barrel if I had a St Bernard, though. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Today I learned that linseed oil is a safe finish for kids, but BOILED linseed oil is not because they add other things to it in addition to the boiling.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Weetabix wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 pm Today I learned that linseed oil is a safe finish for kids, but BOILED linseed oil is not because they add other things to it in addition to the boiling.
Why are you finishing your kids? Maybe some sunblock or lotion now and again should be all one needs.
randy

Post by randy »

Vonz90 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:31 am
Weetabix wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 pm Today I learned that linseed oil is a safe finish for kids, but BOILED linseed oil is not because they add other things to it in addition to the boiling.
Why are you finishing your kids? Maybe some sunblock or lotion now and again should be all one needs.
:mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Today, I learned that the hottest thing in gaming dice comes from Arby's.

https://arbysshop.com/collections/arbys ... s/d-d-dice

I think the matrix is suffering from a malware attack.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

And oh, Igloo had released an Iron Maiden Cooler..

https://www.igloocoolers.com/products/i ... ies-cooler

I swear this century just keeps getting weirder.