Single, two, or 3 point slings? Differences and benefits?

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Netpackrat

Re: Single, two, or 3 point slings? Differences and benefits

Post by Netpackrat »

Windy Wilson wrote:I thought the three point sling was Colonel Cooper's CW sling, aka the Ching Sling.
The CW sling and the Ching sling are two different things. The CW sling is just a regular two point sling, but the rifle has the third point in the middle. You have to unhook the rear point and attach to the middle point in order to loop up for use as a shooting sling. Eric Ching came up with his sling in order to avoid the need for unhooking and moving the rear sling attachment.

I personally like the Brownell's Latigo Sling. It has quick adjustment, and you can loop up for use as a shooting sling. As seen on my .308 Saiga:

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

That reminds me, I need to get one of those cheek risers...
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CombatController wrote:That reminds me, I need to get one of those cheek risers...
FYI, it won't fit the Wolverine stock I made for you. The Werewolf has special mounts underneath the riser, so to get the pictured setup, you would need a new stock. But if you just want the riser, I can make those in varying thicknesses to fit different stocks, too. IIRC, I still have one I made to fit around a 1.5" thick stock.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

The Ching sling is my favorite hunting sling, but I wouldn't consider it for tactical use.

My favorite tactical sling is the G3 sling, but it only works well with G3s. I've managed to jury rig one on my SIG 550, though.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe