Douchebags

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Aegis

Re: Douchebags

Post by Aegis »

Kommander wrote:ACU looks silly no matter what though.
You're only saying that because you've never had to hide in a floral couch before.

Chicks dig fixed bayonets
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

Aegis wrote:
Kommander wrote:ACU looks silly no matter what though.
You're only saying that because you've never had to hide in a floral couch before.

ROTFLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Why hasn't this been made into a demotivator yet?
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Already Done.

SoupOrMan

Re: Douchbags

Post by SoupOrMan »

Aaron wrote:I can't think of any time I ever needed a ghillie suit while doing surveillance. The whole idea seems nuts, how many rural skips does he get?
"And that's when I was mugged by a fat Samoan haystack, Yer Honor."
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Huh. Looks like my original link got lost....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Evyl Robot

Post by Evyl Robot »

Kommander wrote:Already Done.

FTW! :lol: That must mean it's Friday!
Legman688

Post by Legman688 »

Kommander wrote:The current Mall Ninja color dejur is Multicam, though ATACS may give it a run for it's money.

I had to google 'ATACS' because I didn't know what it was... very first hit was some new combat boots with camouflage soles...

What manner of tacticool douchebaggery... >.<

That loud thumping noise you hear is me banging my head on my desk.

I swear, when I finally get around to buying a battle rifle/carbine and gear, I'm getting an SKS, and a Garand cartridge belt, with nothing on it but a canteen and a leather 1911 holster, just to thumb my nose at these people.
Opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it - Frazz

Guncounter.com: All threads hijacked in 25 posts or less, guaranteed!
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Ahh yes, boots are the "cammo something we have never cammoed before" item this year. A few years ago it was guns, and then the MOLLE tape and straps on equipment. This year it's boots. Now I am sure that there are those that can use such boots, and if you look at a picture of someone in head to toe cammo the solid color boots do tend to stick out a bit, but the damn things do scream ninja.
doc Russia

Post by doc Russia »

I guess I must be a mall ninja :(
I have multicam in my closet, and I have not one, but two sets of body armor. I also have several medical kits floating around

oh...wait, that's right;
I work with three different SWAT teams providing operational medical support, so I actually use most of that crap.

Still, I do feel like a mall ninja sometimes when I am wearing all that garbage. Most of it I wear because it's what they want me to wear (it would be very bad press if I were to get killed, so I end up in a NIJ level IV coccooon in the belly of an APC when going out).
I would actually prefer it if I could just wear my jeans, cowboy boots, .45, plate carrier and medical kit and call it good.
"That which does not transmit light creates its own darkness"
-Marcus Aurelius
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
-Captain Mal Reynolds, Firefly
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Hunting boots have been cammo'd for some time, so I suppose itsnot too surprising.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto