Portland Reavers

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
randy

Re: Portland Reavers

Post by randy »

That particular exchange may or may not have been what got my attention.

Please note it was a non-specific warning flag. I know I tend to throw them early for some folks, but I think it helps keep us from becoming some of the other forums I no longer go to.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Termite

Post by Termite »

Here are some oppressed minority teenagers protesting a white supremacy Putt-Putt golf center.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/27/hundreds- ... tt-center/

Salty Cracker's take on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7LrLV48r8Y
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Termite

Post by Termite »

It's getting difficult for me to believe that neither the feds nor the various state police have adequate S2/G2 to find at least some mid-level leadership orchestrating this crap, and interrogate them. Pawns are pawns. Find mid-level types, extract info, and backtrack. See where it leads.

Hell, just arrest them, take fingerprints and DNA samples,and hold them for 72 hrs. Then let them make their phone calls. See what attorneys show up. That alone may give some clues.

Atlanta ‘Protesters’ Embedded Nails into Fireworks
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Termite wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:28 am It's getting difficult for me to believe that neither the feds nor the various state police have adequate S2/G2 to find at least some mid-level leadership orchestrating this crap, and interrogate them. Pawns are pawns. Find mid-level types, extract info, and backtrack. See where it leads.

Hell, just arrest them, take fingerprints and DNA samples,and hold them for 72 hrs. Then let them make their phone calls. See what attorneys show up. That alone may give some clues.

Atlanta ‘Protesters’ Embedded Nails into Fireworks
^^this^^

Come AG Barr. Get in the game! Or maybe his is and they just are not wanting to signal to loud and have the likely suspects to ground.

There was a bunch of Antifa arrests in mid/late June reported. Haven't seen any more reporting on that since.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Apparently, some of the Portland/Seattle crew showed up in Austin recently. Quite a few folks were arrested. (TX DPS doesn't play around.)

Since DPS, Travis Co. SO, and, believe it or not, Austin PD, stopped any riot from occurring, there will be no opportunity to charge anyone with crossing state lines to participate in a riot.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
g-man

Post by g-man »

Langenator wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:08 am Since DPS, Travis Co. SO, and, believe it or not, Austin PD, stopped any riot from occurring, there will be no opportunity to charge anyone with crossing state lines to participate in a riot.
Can’t say as that bothers me too much. Arrested early for piddling dumb shit and shown that DPS isn’t going to play their reindeer games is likely as effective in discouraging future stupidity as the higher-stakes riot charge. You have to prove they came to participate in the riot, and they can just say they came to support and the riot broke out around them. Plus, it means there wasn’t a riot in Austin. I can deal with Austin being weird for TX, if we could prevent it from being SF/Portland levels of weird that’s be great...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I can deal with Austin being weird for TX, if we could prevent it from being SF/Portland levels of weird that’s be great...
Yeah, if wishes were horses.

Austin (and public University) disease will metastasize in Texas.
t's only a question of when -- unless it's cut out and fenced in decisively.
Same as happened in CA, WA, OR et al.

Better come up with a game plan now.

Colleges as in Austin teach your teachers who then go to your communities and program your children. It's the Long March.
Texans are in denial if they think otherwise.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
g-man

Post by g-man »

blackeagle603 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:22 pm
I can deal with Austin being weird for TX, if we could prevent it from being SF/Portland levels of weird that’s be great...
Yeah, if wishes were horses.

Austin (and public University) disease will metastasize in Texas.
t's only a question of when -- unless it's cut out and fenced in decisively.
Same as happened in CA, WA, OR et al.

Better come up with a game plan now.

Colleges as in Austin teach your teachers who then go to your communities and program your children. It's the Long March.
Texans are in denial if they think otherwise.
The NOT having a riot there did a good deal to show the Antifa homebois that Austin is NOT Portland. Not disagreeing that there's more that could be done however. Homeschooling isn't overly regulated (mandated annual testing, etc, etc.) here in TX, and is far more prevalent than other places we've been. A BUNCH of new families have apparently inquired about or joined the co-op at home since COVID hit, so it's not as terrible as one might think. Come the day I think we'll be okay in TX.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

g-man wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:58 am The NOT having a riot there did a good deal to show the Antifa homebois that Austin is NOT Portland. Not disagreeing that there's more that could be done however. Homeschooling isn't overly regulated (mandated annual testing, etc, etc.) here in TX, and is far more prevalent than other places we've been. A BUNCH of new families have apparently inquired about or joined the co-op at home since COVID hit, so it's not as terrible as one might think. Come the day I think we'll be okay in TX.
Yep. After the Leeper court case decsion, Texas became the most home-school friendly state in the nation. We home-school(ed) our five children and we have never submitted anything to the state or any local school board.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

A feel good story... or good feel story from Portland. The comments at the bottom are pretty good, too.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/portland- ... s-a-female
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D