Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Awesome!
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:55 am

Trying to get my parts together for a couple rifle builds that were planned long before moving to the new house. Came across another new AK barrel I had forgotten about, which I have neither receiver nor parts kit for. I think that means I am supposed to acquire those items and build another rifle.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Ass-op

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 am

Fucking Yugoslavs and their mother fucking cosmoline.... Image

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Ass-op

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Finally got the cosmo off all the small parts for the Yugo RPK build. The Hornady ultrasonic cleaner finally came through for me here; it still sucks but if you run it enough times it does eventually get the job done. Of course, that leaves the bipod and a couple other odds and ends that won’t fit, plus the wood furniture. But I have a plan for that too.

I had mentioned to my brother that I had dug the parts kit out, an he was like, “hey I thought we were going to do that one together.” So I told him to get his ass over here and start scrubbing.... which he might actually do before we need those parts.

Lots of little differences between the Yugo and the other AKs I am used to. They actually spot welded the receiver to the trunnions in addition to the rivets. I don’t think I am going to try to duplicate that in the rebuild. The pins and rivets were a little less of a pain to get out than I have seen with other AKs too which was nice. I usually end up drilling out the pin for the rear sight block but it came right out.

The bipod appears to be non removable though which is kind of lame. It slides on the barrel, and then the front sight block is pressed on and pinned, which is kind of a pain. I guess they were more worried about them getting lost than in convenience.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:50 am

Range date night. :D