Yay, brother is getting advice on first gun purchase!

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Aaron

Yay, brother is getting advice on first gun purchase!

Post by Aaron »

Seems he was rather enamored with my .45 XD Compact and will soon be purchasing one himself. We're trading texts back and forth right now. Problem is, he still lives in my home state, Oregon, where as I don't, so I know nothing of the local fun stores. Still, first my sister and her hubby, then my parents, now my brother, go me!
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
308Mike

Re: Yay, brother is getting advice on first gun purchase!

Post by 308Mike »

EXCELLENT news!! The more gun owners we have, the more they'll cherish their freedoms and fight to not have them taken away.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
mousegun

Post by mousegun »

Aaron wrote:Seems he was rather enamored with my .45 XD Compact and will soon be purchasing one himself. We're trading texts back and forth right now. Problem is, he still lives in my home state, Oregon, where as I don't, so I know nothing of the local fun stores. Still, first my sister and her hubby, then my parents, now my brother, go me!
While I was up visiting recently, I saw Wild Bills gun store in Molalla. My mother told me it was purchased a few years back by a retired fireman who she knows from her department; he's supposed to be a stand up guy. Under his ownership the store has become fairly popular; seems even a bunch of Portland cops shop there. Didn't get a chance to stop in but it probably wouldn't hurt for your brother to check it out.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Is that the place with the drive thru ammo window? If so, I've frequented it a few times. My dad and brother-in-law have both done a bit of reconnoitering so they'll probably take him around a bit. Seems Molalla, Woodburn, and Gresham have some of the best places in the state.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Good work! :D
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Aegis

Post by Aegis »

Whereabouts in Oregon? If he's in the Portland area, Keith's Sporting Goods in Gresham is a good place to start (just make sure he talks to Stu, Keith, Chuck, or the redhead who works there; the other guys can be a bit unhelpful at times.) If he's in the Albany/Corvallis area, the Philomath Gun Shop has a pretty good selection as well, though the employees are often a bit crotchety.

You can contact me through here if you want more information, too.
Chicks dig fixed bayonets
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

He's moved since the last time I was at his place, but I believe he's closest to Gresham. I'll let him know, thanks.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Denis

Post by Denis »

Aaron wrote:...the place with the drive thru ammo window?
Wow! I knew the gunshop here was missing something.